Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Buell Calendar VOTING

Looks like another winner! Some super clean bikes, and everyone has stepped up to taking much better pics too. I love how personal this calendar is

I'll check my mailbox for it tomorrow

Thanks again for putting your personal time into this.

Did anyone else notice that there are three 5-0Dro pulley covers in the calendar... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that there are three 5-0Dro pulley covers in the calendar... Lol
    One's a sprocket cover

I'm curious how the voting works. The way the responses are laid out on the Google Doc. It shows the submitter and how many people picked one of their pics and then that is divided among however many pics are submitted. For example DJ's #1 pic got 18 votes and Er36's #1 pic got 24 votes and my pic got 32 votes and didn't make it.

Unless I'm missing something.Screenshot_20171202-201801.jpg
    Last edited by neilrl79; 12-03-2017 at 12:21 AM.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's overall votes and then top pic from there?

Hi Neil- In the past (including this year) is overall votes. So to your example above, DJ had a total of 45 votes, Pic #1 19 votes, Pic #2 18 votes, and Pic #3 8 votes. Therefore DJ had a total of 45 votes overall and since #1 was the highest that is the winner.
    Its slightly confusing and I just didnt have the time to change it this year with all the other stuff going on.

For next year (if i continue to do it) Id like to change it to submitting ONE picture only!

sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by pur pony View Post
    Hi Neil- In the past (including this year) is overall votes. So to your example above, DJ had a total of 45 votes, Pic #1 19 votes, Pic #2 18 votes, and Pic #3 8 votes. Therefore DJ had a total of 45 votes overall and since #1 was the highest that is the winner.
    Its slightly confusing and I just didnt have the time to change it this year with all the other stuff going on.

For next year (if i continue to do it) Id like to change it to submitting ONE picture only!

sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for the clarification, I had thought that it worked the opposite in the past, meaning top voted pics and not top voted person.

I do think that one submission would make for a better calendar since the way it works now someone with 3 ok pics has a good chance of beating out someone with a great pic that only submitted one.

To be clear, I'm not saying I think my pic should be in over any of the winners, to be honest I wasn't all that happy with my submission but I was at the deadline and gave it my best shot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast