Thread: Harley street bar end mirrors!

Harley street bar end mirrors!

I have used many bar end mirrors on my lightnings, they all kinda sucked. Fit or finish, price or quality. I dont like to promote h-d but these mirrors are solid and sweet, as long as your ok with 80 each depending on location. Some high end mirrors are more and definitely are not as good in my opinion. Heres some pics....pics on bike to come soon.....
    20171118_224945.jpg

20171118_225051.jpg

They look good, I was considering putting bar end mirrors on my SS. Have you ever tried the folding type ? They would be good in this area for lane splitting, most of the time, the cops don't really bother you.

I put some Chinese ones one that Ss I refurbished and you're right, they kinda sucked. Those look stout and nice to know if you did break one you'd easily be able to find a replacement!

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    They look good, I was considering putting bar end mirrors on my SS. Have you ever tried the folding type ? They would be good in this area for lane splitting, most of the time, the cops don't really bother you.
    The fold in function on my CRG LS bar ends is very handy. Just tuck them in and get a massive 5 inches of extra clearance.

The CRG's are very good, I know there are cheaper makes available that are also pretty good. How about the functionality of these bar end mirrors, good rear view ?

I dont know about those specifically, but the visibility on the CRG is good. The visibility in the OEM mirrors would be the best IF they did not vibrate, otherwise it's just a blur IMO. The bar end mirrors serve a semi dual function of being bar end weights, which helps decrease vibrations in the handlebars slightly.

O.k. thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    I put some Chinese ones one that Ss I refurbished and you're right, they kinda sucked. Those look stout and nice to know if you did break one you'd easily be able to find a replacement!
    I'm actually the guy who bought that Ss from you! I didn't mind the bar end mirrors until the weird tension arrangement they use started to fail and would loosen from vibration every couple rides. I tried some other random bar end mirrors I had in my garage from my old SV 650 and they fit more snugly so I've just kept those on.

sorry they didn't last long. They were cheapos. Huge improvement over what was on there when i bought it lol