Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cylinder Bore Surface Finish

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Right on, tell em I said he's looking good!
    I will thx. He is having too much fun !!
    004.jpg VLap4.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 12-03-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    y dont you go get lost in a snow drift
    Now that is some funny sh-t right there! Lol!

Banned
    The cylinder walls are within spec and even have original hone marks. Chemicals I used can not wash cylinder walls, even more, they lubricate it additionally. This motorcycle had same condition of the valves many miles ago before I used any chemicals there other than gasoline. Only second compression ring is slightly out of new component spec, the rest is even within new component limit. New second compression ring should have correct gap for new component spec with this cylinder since the cylinder is within spec.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    3-as several have now mentioned who are "aces" with these motors.....and what i've known since i attempted to "rebuild" the 265 V-8 in my 1955 Corvette in 1972 with no available funds for the project....is that in gasoline engine applications you NEVER re-ring a motor on a stock bore regardless of how impressive you think your cylinder honing skills are.
    What happened? Why we never re-ring a motor on a stock bore? Did you measure the cylinder bore before re-ring it? Was it within spec?
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-29-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    BOARD MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS:
    1-i told this nitwit many threads ago from a simple visual glance of his cylinders with heads removed that the rings were "used up".
    Nope, the old rings are OK, they all are withing the service wear limit. The only 2-nd compression ring is out of new component limit, but it is within service wear limit

Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-29-2017 at 06:55 AM.

I'm pretty sure at this point if you told him shooting yourself in the head will kill you, he would say, "Nope. Will only wound me and my cognitive functions would remain within spec." After which he would post a picture of his cat's brains blown out attributing it to "weak synapses" and him posting enormous pictures of a high performance solution he milled up on his CNC machine.

Banned
    I have installed the new rings. All rings end gaps are within limit. Here are my measurements

New rings

Cylinders and pistons have been preassembled and are ready to go on the engine

If you run into any more issues the blame can clearly be placed on the former Buell Motorcycle Company. No wonder they went out of business, losers can't even build an engine.

Banned
    My main concern is the engine is leaking. They need to improve their engine sealing, probably increase sealing faces area, redesign gaskets to have at least double sealing lines on each place, maybe use double o-rings sealing where they use single o-ring. They also need to increase PCV valves holes and hoses diameter to reduce breather resistance and pressure inside the engine housing. It will make the engine slightly heavier, but I prefer to ride heavy but reliable and maintenance free engine.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 12-17-2017 at 05:01 PM.

If you are looking for perfectly reliable and maintenance free, you bought the wrong bike. Like the opposite end of the spectrum. You will never make a Buell meet those requirements, and thus you will always be disappointed. You should look at a Honda Goldwing if you want heavy, reliable, and maintenance free. I've had one. It was exactly that. You will be happier.

Banned
    I'm sure is is possible to make Buell more reliable, they just need to collect all users feedback and users experience reports and put more engineering effort in this thing using best industry practices.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 12-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast