Thread: Tuono and Lightning

Tuono and Lightning

Hello friends, thought I'd share some new bike news with you. After riding my XB around the SoCal mountains and loving every mile of it, I found myself wanting a new and different experience more and more. Like many of you, I love all things on 2 wheels and would like to experience, ride and own many bikes in my lifetime. Before the XB it was a couple Jap 600's, wr 426 supermoto, TC Softail, all kinds of dirt bikes and now the Aprilia Tuono. The difference though is that all the other bikes I've had, minus a few dirt, have been sold and the Buell XB will not be sold. This bike is staying in the family because it is too good to not keep. You guys know better than anyone that the XB bikes are fun because you can actually use the power on the street. The Tuono so far, for me, is not so usable and things quickly reach speeds that are just not cool on public roads. I guess I asked for it and I'm getting it. Truth be told, I couldn't help but feel brokenhearted when EBR didn't float because I really wanted it to. If I wasn't hypnotized by the sound of the V4 motor then I probably would've snatched up an 1190 SX, but hey there's always next bike! All I know for sure is that I have one of the best Streetfighter bikes ever made sitting in my garage. Only time will tell if the Italian matches up. Dilly Dilly!!
    ApriliaTuono01.jpgApriliaTuono04.jpgApriliaTuono05.jpgGarage pic.jpg

Yes! The Tuono is no slouch for sure, and you know us Buellers love them naked

I like the contrasting wheel colors too

Did I forget where in So Cal you are? You'll find me at Newcombs any Saturday morning I'm in town... $5 really crappy coffee is on me if you come down

hey Cooter! yeah I'm a little further East in the Crestline / Lake Arrowhead / Big Bear mountains. I do like to ride through Glendora Ridge often so I'll have to take you up on that coffee some morning.

HH72...that is one nice looking pair of bikes in your garage! Italian and American cousins so to speak. I love the look of the Tuono...and I've heard that the V4 engine is amazing. Congrats!

Thanks submax! The V4 is indeed really fun to rev and riding it has been a serious affair for the first few hundred miles I've ridden it. I can't imagine any motorcycle enthusiast wouldn't appreciate the tech and power of the Aprilia V4. How is the riding up in OR? Are you guys getting ready for a wet and cold winter? Things in SoCal are a little hot at the moment with fires burning in many places.

Winter is definitely starting to settle in up here in OR. Although, it has been amazingly dry for the last couple of weeks, that won't last much longer. Once the temps drop below 50 degrees, I'm pretty much done for the winter, anyway. I'm a wimp in the cold and I don't have the kind of gear that I would need to stay warm. Getting ready to take my Buell out for one last spin this week since the temps are supposed to be a bit higher and then put her in hibernation. Hope you, the rest of the folks on the forum, and any loved ones down in SoCal are staying safe with all those fires.