Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pulling a code?

pulling a code?

I have the 2009 Xb12 Scg in Hero Blue. After changing the oil in both sections I have gone for 2 rides. Maybe 100 miles total. I have the yellow engine light coming on. I checked to make sure the oil plugs and filter were still on and tight but aside from that I'm not sure where to begin.

I don't have a chord/cable to plug the bike into any software.
    The Harley store charges $50 just to pull the code.

Do you guys have any help? I'd like to :
    find the code
    repair or replace whatever needs done
    clear the code
    continue to ride with perma-grin

Thanks,
    Moley

Inactive
    here's the link which has the easy free method as well as codes listed for 2008 and up models. key most be ON to run this test. i'm assuming here you're referencing the CEL light. if it is the oil pressure light that's lit you have an air-bound oiling system. if it is that light let me know and will walk you thru the purge method.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...ouble-Codes-08

Banned
    You can buy buelltoot on eBay or google how to read error code on Buell without special tool. I believe service manual or electric manual have this info too.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 12-05-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Lunatic is correct, that would be the best way to do it. I'm calling it now, it's probably gonna be grounding issues.

Hey guys,
    Thank you so much for all of this. I found the following if any of you want the codes.

There is no way to clear trouble codes using this method. The only way to clear codes without hooking the bike up to a computer is to take the bike through 50 start and run cycles (start engine, run for at least 30 seconds, shut it off).

The trouble codes are as follows:

11 Throttle position sensor
    13 Oxygen sensor
    14 Engine temperature sensor
    15 Intake air temperature sensor
    16 Battery voltage
    21 Interactive muffler control (XB12 only)
    23 Front fuell injector
    24 Front ignition coil
    25 Rear ignition coil
    32 Rear fuell injector
    33 Fuell pump
    35 Tachometer
    36 Cooling fan
    44 Bank angle sensor
    52, 53, 54, 55 ECM failure
    56 Cam sync failure

I got a code 21. I'm guessing this means the advice given was sound? I should just disconnect it all, pull the wires, and set it all aside with other stock items I've removed?

I ask because... why now? I've not changed anything and suddenly I get this error.
    Please advise.

Humbly,
    Jesse
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inactive
    both your post and question confusing as they relate to the pic you attached. if your entire IEV system is disconnected and by that i mean the cable disconnected from the muffler and the wiring plug disconnected from the servo motor then you'll always eventually receive #21.
    if the IEV cable is disconnected from the muffler BUT servo motor remains "plugged in" and servo motor functioning properly you will NOT receive #21.
    if servo motor bound up...gears stripping themselves...other internal problem....you will receive #21.
    if you simply unplug the servo motor you will eventually....typically sooner than later....receive #21.
    cannot make diagnosis any simpler than this.
    solutions as follows:
    1-purchase "emulator device"....unplug servo motor...plug device into harness plug. 50 clean cycles clears fault code.
    2-disable IEV feature with a popular program such as spy or tuner-pro....clear fault code with that program.
    3-see pic that tony provided years ago...build your own emulator....plug in and ride.
    have NO idea what you're attempting to depict with your photo other than displaying the servo motor plug.

6369_20110607113318_L.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 03-08-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Yes I was trying to show what the box is and which connector cable I was talking about. I'm not sure what all the parts are called so I was trying to be more clear. Also... I thought I deleted the picture before I posted. ��

So because i unplgged the small "IEV motor" I now created an error code. It sounds like I should plug the small motor back in and then pull a code again ... but Lunatic says to purchase an emulator device. To me this is something that tricks the electronics into thinking the IEV motor is still there even though I don't need it. Would that be correct?

I'm not sure what the attached diagram is showing me. Is that the wiring patter to connect a emulator?
    Thank you for putting the time into this.

Jesse

Yes.
    To get rid of the code you caused by unplugging the IEV motor, plug it back in, OR leave it unplugged (remove it) and plug in the emulator so the code doesn't show up.

I made a bunch of emulators back in the day. I'll be home in a week, let me see if I have one left.

Thanks Cooter. I'll message back tonight and let you known if there is a new code when plugged in

The system needs 50 cycles or so to re-set the code, unless you clear it yourself.

Before you ask. You'll need the Buelltooth dongle and (free) ECMDroid to force clear it yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast