Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low oil light after Buelltooth tune download?

Low oil light after Buelltooth tune download?

I flashed my ECM last night from my android phone using a tune from the Buelltooth web site. Afterwards I fired the bike up and now my oil light stays on. Any ideas?

possibly a corrupted map. I would re-download, and re-flash. Bike run fine?

Yea it ran ok, what I think is expected for a newly reflashed ECM at idle. The idle was a little higher and it seemed like the throttle was a little more crisp. Due to the weather I couldn't ride it so its hard to say without going through the gears.

You did a TPS reset after the flash right, prior to start up?
    Reason i think its a possibly corrupted map is i loaded one like that once, that had many zeros in the fuel map, when it got corrupted transferring the data between programs. Any who, it threw a few codes haha, so i know it can happen from the map.

However, have you checked the dip stick? Possible you actually are low on oil?

Quote Originally Posted by tokinbuller View Post
    You did a TPS reset after the flash right, prior to start up?
    Reason i think its a possibly corrupted map is i loaded one like that once, that had many zeros in the fuel map, when it got corrupted transferring the data between programs. Any who, it threw a few codes haha, so i know it can happen from the map.

However, have you checked the dip stick? Possible you actually are low on oil?
    Yes I did the TPS reset before start up. Oil is good. Light was never on before the reflash. Now that I think about it, it slipped my mind to even check and see if it was throwing any fault codes. I will check that today. I will also try and reflash it and see what happens. I will also charge my battery today before hand it seems a little weak on start up.

I don't believe the low oil pressure light signal even goes through the ECM. It's old skool. Simply a wire from the sending unit to the dash to turn on the light. You could follow the wire on the wiring diagram to be sure.Check to see you didn't knock the wire off of the sender. There is no amount of 'corrupted mapping' that could make that light turn on.

Sometimes a super low idle won't build enough pressure to turn the light off (but you mentioned idling higher), and the light will certainly be on with the key on/bike off.
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-06-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagedup View Post
    I flashed my ECM last night from my android phone using a tune from the Buelltooth web site. Afterwards I fired the bike up and now my oil light stays on. Any ideas?
    precisely what shaughn said. one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. DO NOT continue to run the motor until you determine what happened there. possibilities are: debris clogging sending unit port.....dislodged signal wire....air-bound oiling system via swingarm....loose filter.....low oil level.

SORRY GUYS IT WAS NOT THE OIL LIGHT! HAHA! It was the check engine light.

I checked the fault codes last night and it says "sidestand input always high"... Any ideas? Does the kick stand have a switch on it and if so why would I be getting this code after a ECM reflash when I wasn't getting it before?

Using an EEPROM that wasn't for your bike....

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Using an EEPROM that wasn't for your bike....
    Wrong firmware? The firmware versions were the same (BUEZD). The tune was sent to me from the guys at Buelltooth. It is a EBR race tune for BUEZD firmware.

I would assume the wrong firmware and the bike wouldn't run or at least do more that throw a (sidestand input always high) engine code. The bike runs great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast