Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low oil light after Buelltooth tune download?

well, for what its worth, the map(s) i got from this gentleman at Buelltooth were all corrupted, and at first, i felt like the bike was running good. after loading them onto ECMspy to see the tables, they had advanced timing and a lot of zeros through out the fuel map, and were extremely rich.

If you able to inspect them, i suggest loading them to a software to take a look, since yours is throwing a code. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by tokinbuller View Post
    well, for what its worth, the map(s) i got from this gentleman at Buelltooth were all corrupted, and at first, i felt like the bike was running good. after loading them onto ECMspy to see the tables, they had advanced timing and a lot of zeros through out the fuel map, and were extremely rich.

If you able to inspect them, i suggest loading them to a software to take a look, since yours is throwing a code. Just my .02

Good info thanks!

The only issue is getting tunes for my 2009 XB9 is very hard. Apparently there isn't a lot out there for my model. When the guy sent this tune he wanted to know how the AFV was after riding awhile. I was just happy to get a tune with the correct firmware and was hoping that over time I could learn how to tune and make my own adjustments. But like you said something obviously isn't right and it seems to run lean at idle. The front pipe started to glow after about 5 mins last night. Not sure if that's normal with these engines.

A lot more to a tune than the firmware and the map. I wouldn't trust an EEPROM from Buelltooth.

Glowing header IS NOT NORMAL, either you have a bad EEPROM for you bike, or you have an intake leak. I would guess intake leak, because most people, instead of diagnosing and fixing an issue, they assume they just need a new tune, and actually makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    most people, instead of diagnosing and fixing an issue, they assume they just need a new tune, and actually makes it worse.
    X1000.

Getting a "EBR race tune" for BUEZD firmware is easy. If it is actually that exact tune, it's probably very close and much better than stock. But if you want the perfect 'tune' handed to you, that fits your exact bike, for free... you'll have to put in a bit of effort yourself. This is why professional tuners get paid for their time.

A yellow CEL isn't a good sign that the file is right. The firmware is right or the file won't load through ECMDroid. The file has the fuel tune and the ECM parameters from the last bike. Did you go through all the ECM perameters and set them for your bike before flashing the file? You should do that, theres a sidestand option.

You "think it runs lean at idle"? Why? Did your wideband o2 sensor read lean? Your plugs look ash-ey? Not to offend, but I think you're totally guessing. Careful with guesses like that, it can lead to you searching for answers to problems you don't have. The header on my '08 STT glows (near the head) with the AFV at 100 and running close to stoic.

Do what the guy said and check your AFV after running it for awhile. It is a clue to how the bike is actually running, and not a guess. If the bike runs well and the AFV is within 85-115 (my personal figure) I feel it's well within the adjustment zone of the ECM and just run it. IMHO, datalogging and fine tuning the ECM could get that adjustment figure closer to 100, but won't net you measurable gains worth your time.
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-08-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedup View Post
    and it seems to run lean at idle. .
    Idle is closed loop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12