Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another rookie post: rocker box cover breather fittings

Hope this does not happen to our Master !

madtyping.jpg

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Cause yer a good man and hopefully one day they will be one too. Because they finally learn what their Lib parents didn't teach them..... respect.
    thanks for that josh. appreciate the very kind words.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 12-17-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Some of us mellinials listen, lol. So it's worth it. I'm actually kind of glad to about to be 32 years old, it sounds like I've got my s*** together way better than 30 or 29 lol.

Excellent gif btw silver!

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Excellent gif btw silver!
    Thx BB. I watch it over and over , and LOL each time.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 12-16-2017 at 06:19 PM.

well that escalated quickly.

first off, i should have said thanks (and didn't) for the excellent breakdown on PCVs, breather routing, and rotating the engine. My fault! Thank you lunaticfringe!

second, I was just expressing frustration that it may require engine rotation, not ignoring advice, when I said 'argh.' I think you read way too much into that comment.
    People in other threads, and this thread, said the rear is easier to get at, but I can't see how I can fish it out and R&R it without rotating the engine - that's it and that's all I meant. And fwiw no one has yet told me how to R&R the rear PCV without rotating the motor -- it hits a welded in brace on the frame as far as I can see. And that's *fine* if that means i gotta rotate to replace.

For now i'm taking (edit) Cooter's advice and cleaned off the mist cack and will wait to rotate til there's a bigger problem. Maybe the collapsed hose was contributing to the misting problem; it surely was not venting at all to the hose arrangement, since the hose was pinched shut, basically.

I replaced the collapsed factory hose that was teed to a vent line, inspected IAT and harness (both OK) and put the bike back together and will monitor the misting situation now that i've cleaned off the rocker cover. my vent routing basically conforms with lunaticfringe's recommendations except for a breather filter at the end of the line which i will delete once i figure out a hose routing (which he also prescribed)

third -- whoa whoa whoa i'm a millennial now? because i said 'argh'? i'm 42, solidly Gen X, and also like.... what if i were a millennial, would it matter? Maybe call me a **** wrench (probably accurate, it's been a while) but like.... now i'm a "Lib" with "Lib parents" who never taught me anything... whew.
    Last edited by sinikl; 12-17-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Just flipping you $#i+ man. Didn't mean to imply anything real serious.

We are just messing with ya. Yer gonna be fine.

Man, no way I'd rotate the engine for oil misting around the rocker. There's a certain engineer I know who would though I'd wait for something more serious and fix them both at the same time.

Hang in there siniki, just a little ribbing is all

I'd like to keep all the bat**** crazy politics way far away from this place too. Everyone is angry and no one ever wins.

I'm too old to to be angry, and besides, I don't know enough about this stuff to get angry with anyone else. I do know enough to say I wouldn't rotate my engine unless I absolutely had to,, not because I'm afraid to do it but, because I'm lazy and would rather be riding !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast