Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buell Xb12r DIY oil change

sammich bag
    thats funny right there

Just make sure you have a T27 socket to take the front fairing off to access the filter.
    just to clear this up i think lawdog means a T27 torx, not socket.

I use amsoil 20-50 in both holes with a WIX filter!

Thats a winning combo!

my oil change cost me only my time plus about $74 for Royal Purple maxcycle and K&N oil filter from summit racing, & because saving money and bought a race pipe(bought it very cheap too!!!) i went ahead and got a K&N air filter and DEI header wrap. did the breather reroute also. getting ready for riding season..
    oh if you want a K&N airfilter for little $$ republic cycle on ebay has them for $48.90+$7.60shipping=$54.50 most places sell for $65+ ..
    http://stores.ebay.com/Republic-Cycle

also here is a few post to help oilchange DIY

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...Primary-change

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...tor-oil-to-use

I have an 05 xb9 city cross with almost 40,000 miles on it, I run Mobil 1 synthetic for v twins 20/50 in the tranny and Mobil 1 vtwin 20/50 with added Moa in the engine. Never had a single problem, slightly uses oil between changes but would it be a harley if it didn't? No leaks, no noises. Shifts great, runs great, never over heats, never clunks. I swear on the Moa products and if you try it you'll see why. Search on YouTube for Moa additive experiments. This stuff is amazing. Call it snake oil, call it what you will. I've tried many many additives in cars and bikes alike and this one is by far the ONLY product I've ever noticed a difference with.

Ah, BG products. I'm going to guess you work for a car dealer or a repair shop. Typically, BG products are sold to the dealerships parts dept and sold through the service dept as part of an oil change/flush, fuel injection or engine service.

For that reason, normally, its difficult for a regular consumer to get a bottle of BG product by itself, unless they have a hookup. However, if you are a tech or in the parts dept, access is pretty easy and affordable.

I won't knock the quality of BG products, as I have seen it do some amazing things sometimes, and sometimes nada.... but I've also found the same with aftermarket "snake oils" as well. There is an AMSOIL video with Erik Buell, where he states that he was able to solve an engine problem by using a moving to a "superior lubricant" (AMSOIL). I wondered if that video came out around the time the crank failures were coming out?

34:19 = worked the back counter of a few GM dealers for about 15 years-ish.

PS. Congrats on reviving a 7 year old post on your first one!

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-06-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123