Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at buying an '07 XB12cg

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcix View Post
    The cheapest I have found any xb9 or xb12 in my area is about $3800

Thanks man! Do you think lowered footpegs would be to low on the SCG model? I am not a very aggressive rider, but that might be because of the bike I am currently riding.
    Someone with a bike closer to that with lower pegs should comment on that. The 9 I was holding onto was an SL (low amount of suspension travel) with stock pegs, I never scraped the "feelers" on the pegs. You can aways grind the peg "feelers" off as I have done if you find them touching.

Can I ask why you are after the SCG model? This model and the SL is probably the least suited to your height IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Please don't say this is the bike you are looking at for $4500 with bed liner on the entire bike....

https://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/5916206793.html
    I know right? That thing is terrible, getting that crap off would suck!

Please don't say this is the bike you are looking at for $4500 with bed liner on the entire bike....

Definitely not, that bike has been for sale since I started looking for my CBR over a year ago. The one I am looking at is not online anywhere. I guess Harley dealers don't like posting something that isn't a Harley on their website.

I'm going to start selling bikes in Ohio, crazy prices
    These are winter prices too....

I have an uncle that lives and Florida but farms in Ohio. I am tempted to see if I can find a bike down there and have him trailer it up. I just don't want to buy a bike I have never seen in person.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Someone with a bike closer to that with lower pegs should comment on that. The 9 I was holding onto was an SL (low amount of suspension travel) with stock pegs, I never scraped the "feelers" on the pegs. You can aways grind the peg "feelers" off as I have done if you find them touching.

Can I ask why you are after the SCG model? This model and the SL is probably the least suited to your height IMO.
    They are offering me a good deal on trade in for my current bike. They are also offering a warranty with the bike.

I know right? That thing is terrible, getting that crap off would suck!
    Plus that is the nicest Buell I found that hasn't sold in 2 seconds.

They are offering me a good deal on trade in for my current bike. They are also offering a warranty with the bike.

Plus that is the nicest Buell I found that hasn't sold in 2 seconds.
    Have you looked at what is available on this forum? Keep in mind shipping a bike inclosed runs about $500-$700, most everyone on this forum is trustworthy. I'd look at there post count and look up threads they started or posted in to get an idea of what all issues they had with the bike then work out a deal and have it shipped. When I bought mine there were none I wanted in CA so I hoped on this forum and struck a deal with a forum member from I think Missouri an had it shipped to CA for $700.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Have you looked at what is available on this forum? Keep in mind shipping a bike inclosed runs about $500-$700, most everyone on this forum is trustworthy. I'd look at there post count and look up threads they started or posted in to get an idea of what all issues they had with the bike then work out a deal and have it shipped. When I bought mine there were none I wanted in CA so I hoped on this forum and struck a deal with a forum member from I think Missouri an had it shipped to CA for $700.

Just a thought.
    I just took a look. There does seem to be some nice ones. The one that I was going to look at today is actually on there, unfortunately they are holding it for someone. I am going to go look at the SCG again in a couple of hours, take a test ride and see what kinda deal I can get. If I can get a taller seat for it to fit me better, than I definitely will. The ride height isn't a huge deal to me as long as I am comfortable sitting on the bike.

If I don't like it then I will wait until I can sell my CBR and buy something off of here.

How did you handle the transaction? I would be afraid someone would just take my money and run.

I just picked up a 07 xb12ss in Texas, had shipped here, gave the guy the $ for it after speaking to him on the phone about the bike. One of the guys here posted it up on bulley baggers, it was from a cycle trader add. He's the original owner, and the bike has 617 miles ! That's right, it's not a mistake, the odometer has not been tampered with, I won't tell you what I paid for it because, I hate to see grown men cry.

You have to keep looking and be ready to pounce when something comes up.

If your worried, some of the hauling companies will also pay the owner when they pickup the bike, they charge a small fee for doing this but it could give you piece of mind.

I'll post up pictures of the bike, first chance.

Good luck finding one.

You ever want to tie someone to a railroad track, this seller is that guy

How did you handle the transaction? I would be afraid someone would just take my money and run.
    I don't recall on this transaction, I do remember having the title in hand well before the bike was delivered to me. If you have a national bank you can see about having the seller bring in the title and sign it over for the bank to release the money to them on your behalf. You can also have a vehicle inspection company look it over before purchase, possibly acting as a "middle man" and exchanging title for money on your behalf if they offer such a service.

I own an 07' XB12scg and am also 6ft 2in. Honestly it's not too bad... I would have likely rather gone the normal route, but I got a really clean scg. My wife will even join for short rides.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123