Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: EBR Black Lightning

Inactive
    TEABAG: i have no idea why you continue to flood this site with your ridiculous and completely worthless observations and photo bombs but let's put the "mythical" EBR BLACK LIGHTNING to rest once and for all. i'm sure many other board members who have heard about it would like to know the REAL facts:
    there were only TWO produced. that is it. anyone who says otherwise is dead wrong.
    the FIRST black lightning built was a prototype with an obscure and incorrect VIN built on a 2015 year 1190SX platform. it was sold at the EBR liquidation event and is in private hands.
    the SECOND black lightning has VIN #00001 and the letter C as part of the VIN model designation. it is THE bike displayed at the IMS unveiling with erik buell beside it. whereabouts unknown as of this date.
    board member qurtrn10 bought the remaining black lightning parts....enough to convert one SX to a BL at the EBR auction...but as yet has done nothing with them that i'm aware of. if he has i'm sure he'll chime in.

perhaps you could CAD design and build me one this weekend? that would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 10-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Ease up a bit, its just his opinion. We might not all like the exact same thing when it comes to customizing, but we all do like Buells!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    TEABAG: i have no idea why you continue to flood this site with your ridiculous and completely worthless observations and photo bombs but let's put the "mythical" EBR BLACK LIGHTNING to rest once and for all. i'm sure many other board members who have heard about it would like to know the REAL facts:
    there were only TWO produced. that is it. anyone who says otherwise is dead wrong.
    the FIRST black lightning built was a prototype with an obscure and incorrect VIN built on a 2015 year 1190SX platform. it was sold at the EBR liquidation event and is in private hands.
    the SECOND black lightning has VIN #00001 and the letter C as part of the VIN model designation. it is THE bike displayed at the IMS unveiling with erik buell beside it. whereabouts unknown as of this date.
    board member qurtrn10 bought the remaining black lightning parts....enough to convert one SX to a BL at the EBR auction...but as yet has done nothing with them that i'm aware of. if he has i'm sure he'll chime in.

perhaps you could CAD design and build me one this weekend? that would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks John for the info about the Black Lightning bikes. I was curious if they ever went to production. I really liked what I had read about those bikes. Such a shame that the EBR story has ended.

Here is my Pegasus white Lightning ! LOL
    Peg002.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-12-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Is that thin seat comfortable ?

20171008_200102.jpg

this is my "black lightning".... and yes only one true black lighting was made and the other one was a 1190sx converted just to have a bike at shows
    Last edited by MakingPAIN; 10-12-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    20171008_200102.jpg

this is my "black" lightning.... and yes only one true black lighting was made and the other one was a 1190sx converted just to have a bike at shows
    Awesome !!!

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Is that thin seat comfortable ?
    Yes ,it is , When you are riding this bike you are having the greatest time you can imagine, never once did I think about the seat other than hanging on.

Banned
    So where I can buy the true Black Lightning?

Since only 2 exist and the location of just one is known like Lunatic just said...

You'd have better luck buying an SX and making the minor mods yourself. It would be a fun project!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast