PDA

View Full Version : Buell newb

flicky
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi guys, I just picked up a new 2008 XB12R. It only has 17 miles on it by the time I got it home from the dealership. It pops on decel, boggs off of idle and has a little black smoke...
What's going on? I've never had this kind of problem with a new bike.

flicky
10-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Well I now have 70 miles on the bike. It's awesome! Seems like the engine is getting smoother the more miles I put on it. Can't wait to get finished with the break in. I also did some research on the popping and bogging issue. I see now that it's normal. I'll get used to it. I like this bike better than the RC51 I owned.
Great site guys!

Phrogg
10-29-2007, 03:12 AM
yup. It likes to pop. Get a different exhaust for it. I wasn't a huge fan of the stock one.

mrdozer2you
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
has a little black smoke...

Probably just build up from being started and stopped at the dealership. It should be going away, let us know how everything goes [up]

kpgonzo
11-08-2007, 04:19 AM
I too have an 08 xbr12. I've got 2100 miles on mine. Still running with a stock ECM and exhaust. Yes it still has some decel pop and some hesitation off idle. But over all it's just crazy fun to drive.

Not sure what type of performance muffler to run yet. I'm one of those guys that still respect his neighbors in the morning. I'm leaning towards Drummer or Spec Ops because the use the original muffler core.

Don't really care to much about dyno charts. Don't make a living racing. I am however a little concerned about the noise. Hate that loud obnoxious cackle sound. Looking for a good deep tuned performance sound.

About the break-in period... drive the thing like it's stolen, that's what warranties are for!!!

Have fun and drive safe

mrdozer2you
11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
that's what warranties are for!!! .

YES...but good luck finding a dealer that knows anything about you bike, and is able to fix it in a timely manner.:p