PDA

View Full Version : I want a Blast, but hate how they look

db4570
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking about getting back into a street bike, and like the whole idea of the Blast. I like the simple thumper concept, and it makes enough power for what I want right now. And it looks like you can get a decent one cheap.

But, (and please don't kill me for insulting your babies) I REALLY hate the way they look. That big plasticky gas tank cover and the general lines of the bike because of it just leave me cold.

What can easily and very cheaply be done to strip this to a clean, tough, street fighter look? What happens if you take the plastic shrouding off? Anyone have any pictures of it naked? I have seen some of the custom treatments here that look great, but I don't want to put much money at all into this bike. Can a different gas tank be swapped on, perhaps?

Any suggestions or pictures appreciated!

Thanks!

David

firebolt020283
04-04-2010, 04:13 AM
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Blast/What-a-blast

here is some cool custom blast people have created.

nativeXb12Rbuell
04-04-2010, 05:03 AM
i was going to suggest the same link firebolt020283
i really like those blasts, i really like and want the first , third and fifth ones(#5 absolutely my favorite.) , all so cool , love to have those in my garage to ride and keep my 2005 XB12R firebolt company .

firebolt020283
04-04-2010, 05:15 AM
yea I often dream of having a little blast to customize and play with. That's why I keep trying to get my wife to let me buy her one so when she is tired of it and wants something else I can keep it and turn it into something cool.

db4570
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
There are some cool looking bikes there. But most of them still have that awful ugly plastic "tail" hanging down from the gas tank. (The one dirt track style bike is cool, but you couldn't get me to ride something with "Harley Davidson" painted on it if you put a gun to my head.)

I really don't mind the stock Blast, except for that plastic gas tank cover. What does it look like without it? Does is serve any purpose except as a scratch protector?

Some Blasts have a different look, where it appears the seat material covers up part of this tail, which makes it look a lot better. Is that something that was done on particular model years or something?

One of the things I like about this bike is that I can get one pretty cheap. So I'm not about to do a major customization of it. But any ideas on cleaning it up a bit would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

firebolt020283
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
the corbin seat seams to cover that section up you do not like quite nicely.

http://www.corbin.com/buell/blast.shtml

Alfatango1
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
This one popped up recently:
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5227_20100405145341_L.jpg

kyle_dewald
04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
i had a blast and I loved it, I didn't have the low seat on it, so it covered up a lot of the plastic on the tank, I also had a Vance and Hines pipe on it. Extremly loud, made heads turn for sure.