PDA

View Full Version : reallly frustrated after installing ebr ECM

brisbon
04-03-2010, 10:43 PM
my bike runs like absolute **** now. i reset the TPS with my netbook and the cable it all connected properly and gave me a readout. it said that the TPS was reset but when started it still ran like crap i dont even see how i can ride it at 3k to "set the TPS" as it stalls at anything under 3500rpm. it will deff be one hell of a fight to keep it from stalling as i do this im afraid of being stranded. any input is very much appreciated. i also added a drummer and a k&n intake at the same time.

RT Performance
04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
after the tps reset did you turn the idle back to the recommend rpm?

brisbon
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
i didnt know you had to do that. is there anything else im missing? and how do you do that? as soon as i release the throttle after 3k it stalls

dave_xb12r
04-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Can you tell us the steps you did with the TPS reset?

brisbon
04-03-2010, 11:22 PM
with the bike koeo and kill switch on i clicked online to connec t to ecm spy. once it was connected it clicked diagnostics tab and the tps reset. then the same while it was running since it didnt make a diffence in how it idled

Alfatango1
04-03-2010, 11:39 PM
So you didn't zero out the TPS % by turning the idle adjustment screw until the reading on ECMSPY was at zero? then hit TPS reset, then adjust idle with the bike running with idle adjustment screw?

dave_xb12r
04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
yeah just hitting the reset button isn't the full process. The idle screw has to be re adjusted.

Alfatango1
04-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Yep, gotta read the tuning guide first. It has the procedure properly explained. First thing to do is take the air scoop off otherwise the cable can bind up and not easily be adjusted. Next I cut the zip tie so I keep the adjustment cable as straight as possible in relationship to the throttle body. After you zero out the TPS keep backing out the screw all the way (this allows you to set the proper value and have the ability to adjust idle later) Now hit the reset tab, now turn in the screw to get a TPS % reading of 5.1% or a 4.6 degrees. This is the proper way to set the TPS. Now you start the bike and adjust the rpms at idle. If you don't unscrew the cable enough as I describe above you may not have any room for idle adjustments.

delta one
04-04-2010, 12:12 AM
thanks Alpha I'll be doing this tonight

rep point for you :D[up]

brisbon
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
very simple procedure, the adjustment was right in front of the roadside scoop with an allen head adjuster. bike runs mint now very niceee. wrapped the exhaust in titanium dei wrap although the stainless steel wireties i used really sucked to try and tightenup

303xb
04-04-2010, 11:58 PM
what a f'in badass forum. i plan on doing a TPS reset myself in the next couple of weeks and it's great to know that if i get in a pinch, there is such an amazing resource of people out there so willing to help.

jimijeans
02-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Don't worry you'll get the hang of it! Always take a little time to get some info so your bike will run it's best. Careful w/Ecm Spy. It's a GREAT tuning tool but save your STOCK ecm programs so if theres an OPPs ! your ok for restarting over on your work.Ecm Spy IS a powerful tunning tool thats easy on some things & hard on others. Down load the drivers get the cable & happy safe Tuning. :D

upthemaiden
02-16-2011, 03:34 AM
I've gotta do this too as soon as I get home from work today. Gonna be 53 degrees

i33__Qkvhn4:p

misternikko
02-16-2011, 06:07 AM
i was about to say that sucks cuz my Scg runs like a bat outta hell since i put the ebr ecm on in. glad it worked out for you [up]