PDA

View Full Version : quirks with my new 1125r

RT Performance
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Before i call my dealer.(cringe)
Anyone else having these issues?
i have nearly got my 600 break in miles on my new bike and planning a 12 day riding trip to nc.
I don't know if i will have enough room for my xb9 and the 1125.
Really want to carve with the 1125 but i noticed a few really odd things.
yesterday i had a check engine light pop on.
I did do the denoid and the resistor. If it tried to actuate does it turn the check engine light on?
My dealer has no charging harness recall parts the on Back order i guess.I did scroll through the cluster it was charging and temps where all good when the light came on.
About 5 times in this first 600 miles i have had it miss 6th gear and rev. Not sure if it is me or there is really a trans issue but i was riding little hard last night and reved the **** out of it when it happened.

Alfatango1
04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
It's under warranty so I'd bring it to the dealer. I'd never dick with something that someone else will pay for if they **** it up.

Bossanova
04-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Just did my first service Sunday (at 595 miles). Later that evening, did about 120 mile R/T to hit a fish place in Key Largo for dinner. On the way home I too missed 6th gear on the turnpike!! This is the only time it has happened. I have not had any service lights come on as of yet.

I have my resistor on order and will denoid later this month.

One thing so far that bugs me (quirk) is a fuel drip from an overflow line that runs behind the LH Pax footpeg. This happens obviously following a fill-up, but continues to do so several miles later, especially after a hard hot ride. Stinks up the garage..

Also, somewhat unconfortable while riding 2up. Hard on the hands and wrists. I added "Retro-Rocket" bar ends with lead shot inside the bars- it helped some with the vibration and hands falling asleep. (Also looks good).

dave_xb12r
04-07-2010, 02:36 AM
This is why I recommend the XB series over the 1125. Too many electrical bugs. Apparently you can say your gauge cluster is acting up and they'll replace the gauge with a 2010 if you choose. It fixes a lot of the issues.

RT Performance
04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
the fuel drip is annoying i know i was under half a tank yesterday and while at the graphic shop it dropped about a 6" circle.
I have talk to my gf about not putting weight on me and bracing against the air box when i slow quickly.
hmm i wonder if there is a fix for the false neutral.
Makes me feel allot better that i am not the only one

agfish18
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
My engine light came on for a while on warm up, but it went away once the bike was warmed. apparently it is a instrument panel thing, all under warranty.

03Firebolt9R
04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I have had none of those issues with 2700 miles on my 09 CR, with the exception of the vent tube. But it doesnt bother me as I park mine in a shed-like garage.

03Firebolt9R
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
This is why I recommend the XB series over the 1125. Too many electrical bugs. Apparently you can say your gauge cluster is acting up and they'll replace the gauge with a 2010 if you choose. It fixes a lot of the issues.

Like the XB's have never had any issues??? I can think of numerous recalls and service bulletins since 2003 for the XB's. In my opinion, all lines of bikes have bugs that have to get worked out.

GMan1125R
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I've only got about 350 miles on my 08 and I have noticed a couple times that the cluster will stay on longer than normal after I park the bike. I do have the "security system" set to ask for the PIN when I shut it off. It should go off after 5 mins but it has been on for over 15 minutes. Does anyone else use this? Or have this problem?

RT Performance
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
i use the ask it has a counter where the clock is.
the dealer cleared the codes and checked the flash version.
crosses fingers. 5 day before i leave for the dragon

GMan1125R
04-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Huh?

I have checked and mine will not turn over if I have the security PIN set and I enter the wrong PIN.

blackflash
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Ive had the same issues .They eventually went away after 5 k .I did have the transjet done at 10k.
08 1125r
It does do it sometimes here and there.
Not very often

Tank
04-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Got the call from Adamec HD/Buell in Jacksonville...my check engine light and battery light were coming on and it turns out there is a ****ty ecm on mine! 4-7 working days for it to arrive...then we will see if the brain surgeons can install/reprogram it, since until I bitched they wanted to sell me a new battery and send me on my way!?!? Not bad only two weeks so far since it got there! Crossing fingers...