PDA

View Full Version : 2008 1125r oil leaking!

BigRonbowski
04-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey fella's just took my brand new 08 leftover 1125r out and at about 23 miles I realized the bike was squirmish and back brakes failing! I parked the bike and it was covered in oil...just pouring out from the top of the motor! I took the airbox off and it seemed to have pushed its way up into the airbox from the breather im guessing. So much that before I parked it the oil light came on...it wasn't even registering in the dipstick! Harley has had the bike for over 2 weeks and they can't find the problem! I'm pissed because I paid to ride it...not be fixed all summer. Anyone experience ths before, so I can help the hopless fix my bike??

Fock347
04-07-2010, 06:41 AM
sounds like a reed valve in the motor but thats really odd on a bike with 23 miles on it. the reed valve closes and opens with each stroke its in the crank case.

agfish18
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I have never had that problem with my 08. only thing I had was a wheeping clutch cover, but that was fixed under warranty. Sorry! hope you can find the problem

BigRonbowski
04-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the insight fellas...My local dealer just let me know the will be ordering me a new motor. They said they have tried everything tec support has asked them to do and they cannot find the problem...A new motor is cool but big deal, I only had 23 miles to begin with! I got a bad taste now and with the luck I have it will never be the same after its all taken apart. Wonder if I should just cut my loses and sell this thing!

Stevenc150
04-15-2010, 04:10 AM
I'd at least ride the piss out of it once fixed and then make a decision. I'm just glad to see you didn't wipe out when it dumped oil on the rear tires, coulda been bad.

kalifornia
04-15-2010, 04:41 AM
bummer big ron, take stevens advice!! I haven't read anyone disliking your bike. I've started to drool over um.

redliner172
04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
New Engine FTW!!!!!!!!!

Midnight82
04-16-2010, 10:38 PM
New Motor? Wow, That's a HUGE "fix".

I had my motor completely rebuilt by HD (new case, pistons, rods, 1st, 3rd and 5th gear). It rides like a brand new bike now.

I say don't stress, let them do their thing and see how it comes out when they're done.

poppinsexz
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
You might also try to get them to install the heat sheild in the frame while the motor is out. I'm gonna have to do mine the hard way.

Tank
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Big, dont sell it, you will lose your ass! Ride it, you will be happy with the results!

freight dog
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I would be ok with a new motor too. It should be fine and assuming it is a 2010 motor with the oil window and all the fixes, you will be way ahead of everyone else. It sucks that you will be without a bike while it is taken care of, but I am also a little jealous of the new engine.

swb1125r
04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
i had a similar paroblem with my 08... they haven't contacted me with what they are going to do yet either.... i was riding it home and the oil light came on and the front cylinder started knocking... this is after just changing the oil the day before... so i know it was good on oil.... they claim they havn't heard anything bout this problem... but as i read up on this site there are quite a few blowing up like this... a guy down in georgia was telling me that he had one blow a hole in the case... and his bike had 700 miles... mine has 4600 and is still warrantied

sned
05-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi guys,sorry for the bad writing but i am from belgium and it was kind of relief to see that others expierenced the same problem as i have about the oil leaking but....this problem is since 27 mars 2010 going on because they dont find a reason why the engine is leaking,they dont give me a replacement bike or inform me about things, too bad but i am loosing my faith in buell,not because off the bike himself but about service,i am now forced to buy another bike {japanese}to be sure that i will be guarantied to ride a bike this summer...sad...i hope the buell will come back some day...:(

BigRonbowski
05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Well guy's I just got my 08 back and Buell told the dealer to put a new motor on it...that it was a problem internally and they weren't sure what it could be. They installed a 2010 1125 on her and it seems to be running well...If your having the same issue bring it up with your dealer. Sned...I hear you about the service...my bike took 3 months to fix!!! seriously what a joke! And to top it off I have numerous scratches (deep), exhaust gaskets were not installed correctly and it leaks, my rh shroud or elephant ear i've head it called before was lose and shaking. A 2010 motor is a good deal but not when I only had 21 miles on it to begin with and now that its been all apart I know damn well it's not put back to the way it was when new!! I think im going to cut my loses and get rid of her. I love the bike but I can only see it getting worse!!

BigRonbowski
05-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Also they did all the updates to go with it but wtf is the deal with the fuel boiling?? at least it seems like it! I heard a hissing noise at the rear of the bike and smelled vapors...I took off the filler cap and it looked like someone poured a case of pop rocks in my tank!!!!

freight dog
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Fuel boiling is a known and common occurence on these bikes. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, and I don't notice it on every ride. Just part of the bikes "character" I guess.

It seems to me that these bikes are just big two wheeled heaters. I bet that is why no one ever put fuel in the frame before and they aren't jumping on the bandwagon now. It may not be such a great idea after all.

I love my bike, and I am not looking to get rid of it. I have showered it with all kinds of aftermarket goodies, but every once in a while, I wish I had held out for the BMW S1000RR.

RHard
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
My 1125R has been to shop twice for oil leaking. After much searching dealer said it was a balance shaft that didn't have a vent hole drilled all the way thru. Will see if that solves problem.

RHard
06-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Just got the news from my dealer. Parts he recieved were wrong,can't get parts. New engine on way.