PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light On For Few Seconds

BuellyBagger
04-11-2010, 01:47 AM
I have a 2007 ulyX that i bought as a new untitled bike in 2008. I've had it out of storage for about a week this season(we had a nasty winter in Nebraska) Neway i was cruisin around this evening and the check engine light came on for a few seconds and went right back off. The bike seemed to be running fine. I Rode it about 10 more min. (back across town to my house) and it never came back on. Let it idle for a few in the drive and still no obvious issues and no light. The bikes only got 2300 miles on it so im kinda pissed it even flicked on. Its onle like 62 out so i doubt it was an overheating issue. I thought maybe a momentary misfire. It did sit for 5 months and i havent had it on the highway but once since i got it out of storage. NE thoghts????????

303xb
04-11-2010, 01:50 AM
did you have a battery tender on it while in storage. i dont have a uly but i think i remember reading something about if the battery isnt charged enough it could throw a light.

BuellyBagger
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
No i didnt i just unhooked the neg. cable. It strarted right up and hasnt cranked slow since. But you could be right i remember my cyclone would act goofy if the bat. was low.

BuellyBagger
05-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Took it to the dealer.. trouble code 21. My fault i guess. I put on my exhaust(D&D) and they recomended just letting the exhaust valve actuator cable hang, (which worked fine for a year) but the techs at the dealership just put tesion on the cable by zip tieing it to the chin fairing brackets on the muffler.