PDA

View Full Version : Custom Remap

XBear9S
11-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Just gotta a new titanium Jardine exahaust. Now I need a remap for the '03 XB9S. Where's a feller go for somethin' like that???

Thanx,

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

BuellPartsGuy
11-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Race ECM

Dobeck Techlusion Tuner

ECM Spy

just to name a few...

sinpieces
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Another way!
The original ecm (since it has a learning capability) and then you add an open airbox (and K&N filter) + an air intake dummy cover (to force feed some more air) and a Remus powerizer? This Remus device just needs to be switched on and it does all setting by itself. Yes honestly, it's microprocessor driven. So, does it work? Hell yes. I got one and it's super. If you have a chance, try the super stylish and cool Tiforce (complete) system for Buell XB/s/r.

LeFox
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Another way!
The original ecm (since it has a learning capability) and then you add an open airbox (and K&N filter) + an air intake dummy cover (to force feed some more air) and a Remus powerizer? This Remus device just needs to be switched on and it does all setting by itself. Yes honestly, it's microprocessor driven. So, does it work? Hell yes. I got one and it's super. If you have a chance, try the super stylish and cool Tiforce (complete) system for Buell XB/s/r.
tiforce probably kills any low-end power you got.

the original ecm of the new model indeed has a learning capability, but a finetuned ecm to your setup will still outperform the new ecm.

sinpieces
12-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Well Lefox, i can only say this!
I had the original race kit. As great as it was i noticed some strange behaviour under 3000rpm.
I added open airbox, it was better.
Later on i added Tiforce full exhaust, this was even better with the open airbox and race ecm.
And hey, i ain't refering to the looks, but that is stunning!
I added Remus powerizer and changed to original ecm
this was the best setup so far.
I have never tested Tiforce with original emc only. I know all testing done by Tiforce is with original ecm installed. They informed me themselves over email.

But, i guess you might have a point about the loss down low. Honestly i tend to go faster now, so i really don't notice any significant loss in the bottom end. The bike runs more even, rev way faster and don't suffer hickups and powerloss under 3000rpm as it did with the original race kit. My race kit was installed and tested at a Buell dealer. I never managed to get the bike to run as it should (IMO).
I have to say it evened out best with Remus and original ecm installed. The bike simply behaved way better. I never tried the race ecm with the Remus powerizer. I was informed that testing had proved, original ecm was better (than race ecm), also giving more power. This when using Remus powerizer. Ofcourse, my ecm is for my bike which is manufacturered september -03.
I guess these bikes that were tested, might have been never models. If they are better learners 8the ecms) i do not know. But if folks find it a problem, then it's just add a primary gearing kit. Or?
Maybe, just maybe, it is hard to get it all.
I think it's so difficult to say what's wrong or right cause it's so subjective. I know what i have been through because i have tested it and i know what i notice. This is by far the funniest setup with this bike (as i have tried). I feel like i am a kid driving down the streets. I notice i always smile from ear to ear when driving my bike. It's a feeling i haven't felt since i was a young boy!!!
You all know that feeling, don't ya?
[up]

I heard (and hear) dealers say the newer bikes work different than the older bikes to. The newer ecms are worse than the older 03/04 - 05 bikes. On the otherhand it's much talking from some people. I have talked to dealers that seems very unaware of much of the Buell stuff. So, personally i would say it's best to talk to people who really knows and have tried these bikes and gears for real. Tiforce, seems to be pretty unknown and that amazes me since it has been around so long.
:p

LeFox
12-28-2007, 02:27 PM
sin,

1st off...if you change 2 things at once (like switching to standard ecm and adding a powerizer), isn't a good way to see what does what.

if you had an original race kit, your air-intake should have been changed with that setup. if not, it wasn't done correctly.
buell race kit: race ecm, open k&n filter, race pipe
a tps reset & learn-in period is required to get the best result.

tiforce is a nice & good system, which we have also tested. i good friend of mine bought it since he is in love with the curves the headers make.
but what he did do it narrow the pipe to get more power down low. which according to the dyno, worked pretty good, but not the best.

as for the powerizer...not that much of a fan, even thought i haven't tested it myself.
i guess if it would make that much of a difference, it would be commenly used at drag- & circuitraces
i'm more of a complete ecm remap customized to the setup i run.

but, the important thing is that you are having fun riding your bike whatever aftermarket stuff is on it ;)

sinpieces
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi LeFox...

i can't say anything about a (designed) remapped ecm. I have never had one, but i can imagine it must be "best" and you're probably right. As for my stupidity to change more than one thing at once, well yes, you are correct. Problem is, directly when you change anything, that map must be changed (/corrected). The Remus device is not like that. It does it's own settings. It do work, believe or not. You just restart it and drive 3000 - 4000 rpm for 5 minutes, and then rev higher. I have had changes to the airbox, the tankcover, new race oil cooler and race air duct. Who knows what's next, if anything? But as far as my race kit, it was surely installed and tested at a dealer. It was good, not bad at all. Even better with open airbox. The fun thing is also that i bought the unit from another dealer. Not the company that had installed the kit (thgough i have test papers). The guy that was present when i collected the bike had worked at a motorcycle company, i will not say which one. But he loved to ride my bike. I asked him about many things and ofcourse he told me, the company he worked with did the best bikes:) but otherwise the Buell was a funny bike with attitude and worked excellent.
yeah yeah, he liked the Buell very much and had a paper showing what was tested + receipts etc etc.
Inspite of this i must say i did not think the XB performed perfect below 3000rpm. I added open air box, this is not part of the race kit. The K&N filter + the muffler and race ecm + installation is what the dealers give. Maybe, where you live and some nice dealers install open airbox as a part of the original race kit? But not those i have talked to. The open airbox and F.A.S.T. are extra candy.
Well, as mentioned, the bike was good, but minor worries below 3000rpm. The bike run way better now .. and way faster.

The people that race, are there to win all the time. They argue about seconds and probably do massive changes with loads of $€. Theoretical i heard that there are doubters of the Remus powerizer. Try it amigo, try it, test it and try it again. I think you will like it more than you think?
It would be fun and learning to hear the actual difference, not the theoretical.
Thanks for all input. I am happy for all help on all subjects. Oh, Lefox, have you heard of anyone doing the Ss long rearswing rework at original XB 12s?
I am 95% sure now i will do this. I must check some more stuff, it will cost alot to do it. Then we could talk about going fast with the Xb 12s
;)

sinpieces
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Here is a picture of the Remus and the white wire cut out of the ecm. The white wire blocks fuel in the lower and mid rpm. For best use of Tfi or Remus, pull the wire out.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/83_20080509042031_L.jpg

LeFox
05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
do i see a bare wire [confused] :p

sinpieces
05-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope you see a little better now!?
Sorry, the pic is not showing even clearer.
Look to the left, you'll see a white/(brownish) wire bent partly out of frame.
Then you see the end part with black crimp sleeve (i belive the name is)
I tried to paint with pointers.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/83_20080509113250_L.jpg

This is the best way to get the manipulators to add fuel "all the way".
:)
If you don't cut out (or pull out) the wire, it prevents the Remus/Tfi from adding fuel in the lower/mid rpm's.

xbhooligan434
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
how much is the powerizer and can it be purchased in the US or would i have to buy across the pond

sinpieces
05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
They are avaible from Trojan in the UK and Fat-cat in Germany, use a free flowing exhaust system with these and an open airbox or better, F.A.S.T kit (also avaible from fat cat:)
Price, i guess it's close to $500 but that's including tax.