PDA

View Full Version : Bigger windshield

midlifecrisis
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Just installed my Zero Gravity +3" windshield (about $95 w/shipping) on my '06 XB12R. Took her out yesterday (low 40's) and the blast on my chest was reduced. Also when I tuck in I can really get behind her which helps as far as noise and aerodynamics go. Yes, I know it reduces my top speed but that ain't why I bought a Buell anyhow. One thing, the holes don't line up perfectly, so I had to reverse the 'nuts' on the top two bolts to make her fit. Also rigged up my electric gloves for the sub freezing runs which are normal in Jersey in the wintertime (I ain't never packed away a bike for the cold times). When I figure out how I'll upload some pics.

Phrogg
11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Sweet!!!

I just put on my Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen. Huge difference compared to the stock one. Specially when I duck down behind.

Question on the gloves. Which ones did you go with and how did you rig them up? I was thinking about getting them because I live in Iowa, and it is starting to drop below freezing. Need all the help I can get going that fast in the cold!

midlifecrisis
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
My gloves are from HD and I took the fitting off my Harley when I traded it for my Firebolt. You just affix the leads to your battery and a little fitting hangs out the side. You run the wires through your sleeves and out the back and connect it to the fitting. It's got an on/off switch and will fit to any other electric pieces you want to add (vest, pants...). Lotsa companies offer such setups, I bought the ones I did because I got a good price through virtue of a coupon I had from the dealership. Like I've said here before, cold weather ain't no reason to stop riding if only you prepare for the cold. I also have a set of Damart thermolactyl underwear that I bought in 1990 that still serves to guard against the cold.