PDA

View Full Version : Sticky

Ebeo1
04-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one but I like to look at pictures of motorcycles. I think that each bike sub-forum should have a sticky thread with members pictures.

dave_xb12r
04-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I like that idea, but one thing that I dont like is when people over post replies to pictures. I would like to see a owners ride thread with ONLY pictures and no chit chat.

browland
04-18-2010, 01:29 AM
you can always click the members pictures link in the upper right:)

dave_xb12r
04-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I think he was getting at using sub forums to sort the pictures so if one wanted to see only lightnings, they could just go to the lightning thread. There is such threads, but they've been inactive for at least a year.

Ebeo1
04-18-2010, 05:05 AM
I like that idea, but one thing that I dont like is when people over post replies to pictures. I would like to see a owners ride thread with ONLY pictures and no chit chat.

I agree less chit chat qustions regarding after market parts, paint jobs, etc can be delt with through pm's. I think a description or posative comments should be welcomed and be posted along with any pictures.

you can always click the members pictures link in the upper right

I agree but that wouldn't give you specific models, also in a forum setting you get to see things progress in a time line as people update/change their rides around. The sub forums are small communities in their own.

bguinn
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
The stickied is not a bad idea, but I do like some of the chit chat that goes on. Using pm's leave everyone else out of the loop. I like hearing where someone inspiration comes from sometimes.

Ebeo1
04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Who do we need to talk to around here to see some changes made?

I guess why were at it why not add a DIY section specific to the bike model I like reading about people that make modifications and show their progress with pictures and descriptions. There is also small things like changing the oil, doing multistep polishing, or whatever else. I belong to a car forum were people post up step by step directions with pictures for other people to benefit on different projects.

For example after clicking on firebolt there would be five categories at the top
race kits
trouble shooting
aftermarket parts
firbeolt pictures
firbeolt maintenance