PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Master Cylinder Problem

AussieBuellRida
04-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I have just had my bike picked up by Harley 24hr assist. Went to ride yesterday and found that I had no clutch lever pressure... I leant down and listened to the clutch action and could hear like a sponging noise coming from the master cylinder. I checked the fluid level window, and to my disbelief...on a 4 month old bike... found it to be empty [mad]. Does anyone know of this happening to anyone else. I just hope its not the start of things to come.Not a happy chappey...!!!

kalifornia
04-20-2010, 01:23 AM
there is a thread somewhere here about some leaking from the cover.

1stxb9r
04-20-2010, 01:50 AM
did you look over the bike? if the line has a leak then there should be fluid on the bike somewhere, and look around the slave where it goes into the engine.

AussieBuellRida
04-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah I had a look over, But I didnt check out the slave to the motor... couldnt see any leak any where else. Its at the shop now, so hopefully the problem will be resoved.

magna87
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
leak is in the slave on your side cover, it rus out the weep hole. my got rebuild at 3.000 miles. it should be covered under warranty,

AussieBuellRida
04-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Ah yep cheers Magna.. could see a slight leak on that side cover above the kick stand..is that the spot.. though it was just overflow from the first service...
They said not to worry too much.. will be covered under warranty...[smirk]

freight dog
04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow, not to be a jerk, but you guys should check out BadWeb once in a while. I hate that forum because people can be jerks over there, but this issue has been discussed ad nauseum.

The clutch leak happens on virtually every 1125. Hasn't happened on mine yet, but I am fully expecting it. Keep an eye on your clutch cover for oil streaks, and it will be covered under warranty if it is still in effect, and maybe even if it isn't if you have a good dealer, since this is a known issue.

freight dog
04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I would also check with my dealer and have them order the parts and just top off the fluid. If it isn't squirting out like a squirt gun (happens), you should be able to continue to ride and top off the fluid until the parts are in.

AussieBuellRida
04-26-2010, 12:53 PM
sorry freight dog.. but mate this is the only forum that I have been on, never even heard of that other forum. My bikes a 2010 model.. only had it from new since Feb, so I didnt expect for this to happen.

freight dog
04-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry Aussie. I had hoped they had resolved this problem for the 2010 bikes. Try www.badweatherbikers.com If you ignore the Toolsheds, they have the best info about Buells to be found.

If I despense any pearls of wisdom here, I probably got it from the BadWeb.

AussieBuellRida
05-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Just an update... bikes been at the dealer for 4 weeks now and still not sure when its gonna be fixed.
Its good to know that harley blokes are still keen to honour warranty services...!!

okey
05-13-2010, 09:17 AM
what dealer is it at aussie?..did they offer a loan bike ?

AussieBuellRida
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Peter Stevens In Adelaide..Didnt offer a loaner and dont really seem all that keen to have anything to do with the bike. Cant believe it,... pisses me of so bad..!![mad]