PDA

View Full Version : xb12ss swing arm on a xb12r

slag kustom
11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
i picked up a used 2006 long swingarm off of ebay and am looking to put it on my 2005 xb12r. i know i need the longer belt.

looking at the arm next to the polished extra swing arm for my 04 xb12s i can see that it will mount the same way with no problems.

parts i think im going to need to change but not sure of all of them.

oil lines (witch ones ?)
brake line ?

any help would be great.

BuellPartsGuy
11-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Bump this post on Friday to remind me to look and see what all you will need. I will get you a complete list of part numbers and descriptions.

slag kustom
11-23-2007, 02:30 AM
if you could get the part numbers and prices it would be a great help.

if any one is looking for the stock parts i remove i will be selling them cheap.

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 04:07 AM
I will get you part numbers but not prices, everywhere prices differently. Like I said, bump this one tomorrow to remind me.

slag kustom
11-23-2007, 05:16 AM
just round about prices would be cool this way i know what im in for from the dealer or to look for used.

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Just a quick list....

63579-06 - Oil Line Fitting
G0500.1AKD - Belt
G0604.1AK - Belt Idler Pulley
K0410.1AN - Rear Shock

Now onto the other problems. The rear brakes, other than the caliper, is all completely different. You may be able to figure something out with a custom braided brake line or something, but the resiviors and master cylinders are different. Also, another issue is all the belt guards will not fit. Not a big deal, you dont have to run them if you choose not to, but if you want to you will have to purchase the SS belt guards. I paged through the Lightning book and that was all that I found out that you would run into. The swingarm pivot bolt and all that is the same. The weird thing is that it says all the oil lines are the same except for the fittings into the swingarm. I have a hard time believing that but I guess it could be possible. Let me know if you run into any other issues

slag kustom
11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Is the rear shock longer ?? or is it the spring rate is diffrent for the increase in leverage with the longer swingarm?

dont have a clue how the oil lines can be the same. the 2005 they are on the bottom and the 2006 they are on the side.

the rear brake will take some playing.

guess i should get a manual and parts book.

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
If they are different then they will be these numbers

HS0022.4A8 - Oil pump feed

HS0023.4A8 - Oil pump return

sinpieces
12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Slag kustom, thanks for showing me the link!

Oh ****... i realize now, this is something i might just forget. I can see the price for this is not going to be cheap. I really want my XB/s reworked.
Could not belive it was so much to change.
I just had another race oil cooler fitted, it's not cheap leaving the bike to a workshop.

Hell that was bad news for me....
[confused][mad]:(

jcrane82
01-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Slag Kustom,

So did you ever finish the modification, and if you did, what parts were needed to do so. I am looking into possibly trying to fit a SS swingarm on my 12S in the same manner you did. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks