PDA

View Full Version : Need help, no spark???

Neptunecb
04-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I have a 2000 x1 that I can not seem to get running. I have no spark when I crank the motor over but when I use my laptop and run ecm spy I can test the coils and there is plenty of spark. I thought I might have a bad ecm so I replaced with no luck. Could this be some sort of safety issue which is telling the ecm to not sent a spark for ignition? I'm at a loss and not sure where to go from here and ideas or help would be great full.

07Bolt
04-26-2010, 12:59 AM
ur wires;

new ecm; connected to coils; to wires/plugs= elec spark

good plugs? good wires? good coils? new ecm.

under load (starting the bike), the wires could be grounding out the elec, instead of sending too plug.

Jabaniz
04-26-2010, 01:31 AM
i had problems with a wire once i pulled to hard and it pulled it out of the boot had to replace it

loose1
04-26-2010, 01:56 AM
I'd check the cam position sensor. That's what tells the ecm the tell the coil/injectors to fire. Since ecmspy can make the coils fire I would say the coil side of things are ok. I would also disable all the safety switches. They could be telling the ecm not to let the coils to fire too.
my 2 cents, Matt

Neptunecb
04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, turned out to be the kickstand safety switch. So now I have it running but running like crap. It will not idle, if i hold throttle at like 1000rpm it pulses between 1000 and 1500 if I take it up to 2500 it seems to stay steady. I'm trying to reset the tps but when I adjust the idle set screw the values on the ecm spy tps% never change. Could this be a bad TPS sensor? Is there anyway to test the tps? If it was bad wouldn't it show up as an error code on ecm spy? Any thoughts?

loose1
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Did you click the key icon in ecmspy?

07Bolt
04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
sounds like intake leaks; they always run better at high speeds