PDA

View Full Version : dealer selling no more body parts ??

bmob
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I was changing the color of my firebolt and called the dealer for a front fairing (have since found a used one) and was informed the body parts are no longer being produced. Can anyone confirm this?

kyle_dewald
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
I think they are probably full of ****.

Soviet
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Meh. My dealer can get me anything with a part number. I'd say your dealer is possibly lazy or out of the loop. It is absolutely MANDATORY to offer warranty parts to cover the warranties that are still in effect fo0r 1010 models. Plastics are no exception. Harley Davidson will continue to supply parts for 7 years since the brand was pushed under the bus. I saw that on company letterhead.

Builtdesign
04-25-2010, 09:58 PM
I was at a dealership by my work that I normally don't go to, wanted to order a bolt that rattled loose. And I was told I had to go to a different dealership. He listed off the three in the area that still have Buells. So I said do you have a different ordering software as other dealerships? He said no, we just don't have Buells or Buell parts...the conversation went on till I finally relized I was just waisting my time[down]

Jabaniz
04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
that was half the problem with buell, harley dealerships are arrogant assholes that wont help you unless you drive some chromed up 800 pound moving sofa

hogluvr
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
If the dealership isn't a Buell dealer they can't order Buell parts, HD won't let them. I went through that several years ago after HD forced Buell on ALL the dealerships, then gave them an out a few years later. The HD dealership I have dealt with for years was one of them, and told me HD wouldn't allow them to order parts any longer. I'm friends with a lot of the people that work there, I don't think they were handing me any BS. FWIW...

But I agree with Soviet, if they are a Buell dealer they can get any STOCK part, anything that was originally on a bike. All the factory accessories are now obsolete.

buelltech
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I work for a Harley dealership that was never sold Buells therefore they can't order Buell parts they are required to go though another dealership that sells Buell. This sucks since I can't even get parts unless I deal with a dealer an hour and a half away.

Builtdesign
04-25-2010, 11:44 PM
^I thought you were in phoenix, an hour and a half?

Builtdesign
04-26-2010, 12:19 AM
...nevermind, Oklahoma that makes sense

buelltech
04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Ya I was in Phoenix but moved to Oklahoma about 2 months ago

bmob
04-26-2010, 01:43 AM
i called 2 dealerships that are Buell dealers, I gave both of them a part # for a firebolt front fairing. They looked it up, and also tried looking it up there own way. Both times their computer said the part was discontinued. Both people said they probably arnt offering body parts, just mechanical. I didnt check any other body parts...so really I dont know
doesnt seem right tho...???

buelltech
04-26-2010, 01:50 AM
I guess its possible. I've talked to people that say Buell parts are going to be hard to get already but I've also heard the talks about the seven year production law but I'm not sure what it covers.

Macbuell
04-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Weren't the molds sold in the buell liquidation?

firebolt020283
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
that liquidation sell what a joke. Most of the stuff there were selling was not machines needed to make any part of the bikes, it was mostly tool boxes and random stuff they did not need to keep making parts. Besides that most parts on our bikes are made by some other company for Buell.

tarvis
04-26-2010, 08:40 AM
sounds like some bs
we have one of those lazy harley dealers here depends on what day you call depends on if you get helped or not