PDA

View Full Version : X1 running rough, tps sensor?

Neptunecb
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I have a 2000 x1. Just got the bike up and running and it does this. Idles fine, revs fine, accelerates fine, sounds a little funny when cruising( sputters a bit)then when I let off the throttle to make a turn or stop, the engine dies or almost dies until I rev it a bit.Any ideas? When I was first trying to get the bike running I was resetting the tps and no matter where I turned the idle set screw the reading never changed on the tps% on ecm spy. Could I have a bad tps or would the bike not even run if the tps is bad? Shouldn't it show up as being bad on ecm spy error code test? Any help would be grateful.

Neptunecb
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I was just messing around with ecm spy and no matter what I do with the idle set screw I cannot get the tps % values to change from zero percent but the tps voltage does change a little. I'm thinking its a bad tps but not really sure and I hate to just keep buying new parts with out really knowing. Any help?

kalali
05-17-2010, 06:54 PM
How about TP degrees? Does that increase with %? If so, then you're OK. If the bike idles fine, revs fine and accelerates fine, then the chances are the TPS is fine. Look elsewhere.

core attitude
05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Neptunecb,
I am having the exact same issue, I do not get any value in the TPS% window. I can see the screw turning when I adjust the knob but nothing changes, but it does work when I am adjusting the the idle while running.

Did you ever get this figured out?
TIA