PDA

View Full Version : exhaust compatibility for 09 XB12Ss

STL XB12Ss
04-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Just wondering if a Jardine slip-on for an 08 will fit on my 09. I thought I heard the stock setup might have changed in 07 or 08 for the exhaust, but I could be totally wrong. :p

Sorry if it's been posted already; I found a good deal on a new on and would like to order it asap.

Stevenc150
04-29-2010, 02:14 PM
The tips were the only thing that changed that I knew of. It was extended and curved to prevent "stinky leg".

theoctopus
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Just be wary of Jardines quality of manufacture. You'll find a lot of stories of those cans vibrating right off the bikes in the buell community.

STL XB12Ss
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Haha, no one wants to drive off the ladies with a stinky leg.

I've read stories about the quality of them, too. Really, from what I've looked up there's only a handful of (fairly priced) exhaust options: Jardine, D&D, HAWK, and Drummer. Since I'd like to keep my stock parts intact, that narrows it to two. I'm really picky about maintaining my bikes appearance, so I don't want to buy a junked up one on ebay to redo and have made up custom. I'd like to get something on there asap, cause it's riding season and all, and I just can't stand the stocker. :D