PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Buell M2 Cyclone Speed Sensor or Cable Driven?

JJR60616
05-04-2010, 01:08 AM
My speedo stopped working this afternoon and I know I should go out to the garage but it's 2 blocks away.

Looked online but for some reason I can't find if the 2000 M2 Cyclone has a Speedometer Sensor or is cable driven.

I've located a speedo cable for Tube frame models ( S1/M2/S3 ) part number; Y0505.9 replaces partnumber; 67100-94Y but somewhere else it says this is only up to the 1998 Model Year.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thorivola
05-04-2010, 01:15 AM
it is a sensor on the output shaft, it's just a little magnetic sensor that is triggered via the gear teeth flying past it

much like this:
http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/sensors/pdf/GS1005-GS1007_Series.pdf

I'll see if I can find a part number for you Friday, until then I won't have time to get to the books or be near them otherwise

NOTE: the linked spec sheet is a similar device, I do not know if it would work or otherwise and I don't recommend trying it because I don't know what voltage and amperage the stock sensor runs at

JJR60616
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the confirmation...I had assumed it was a sensor because my readout for miles is digital but the cable description threw me.

I'll check at the local Buell Dealers tomorrow if they have parts still but if I don't find the part I'll update this post and see if I can locate one somewhere.

Thanks to Thorivola