PDA

View Full Version : Even Busa riders feel our pain...

ctmallam
05-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Interesting. As much as we talk trash about Jap bikes, looks like Jap riders support Buell.

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/119181-buell-dead.html

onelogue
05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
wow.. pretty awesome. Giving lots of respect to the 1125's

IYAOYAS
05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, atleast some guys out there are just motorcycle guys. It is a shame Erik can't keep his companies name for future products.

konarider94
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
its only because they like our footpegs, and lightning front ends for fighter bikes.

TJBurly
05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Okay, here is where I get ragged on for posting my opinion....

I really don't agree with all of the other Jap, Italian, Brit bike bashing that goes on here. I mean I love my Buell for what it is and understand the pride of an American made machine.

Still that doesn't have to prevent me from having some appreciation for other motorcycles for what they are as well, does it? I still look at a GSXR and think....wow, I would love to hop on that bike and scream down the road at 14 000 RPM. Or equally, look at an old Kawasaki H2 2-stroke and think that it would be a blast to own and ride (and repair) as well.

Surely some of you guys had other bikes growing up that you have good memories of. I know that I was mackin' all of the ladies on my 82' Honda Interceptor back in high school. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to take anything away from the great machines that Buell has given us. However, there is a lot to be enjoyed about other motorcycles as well.

1001yos
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
The buell (xb series) is a great bike which fits my personal needs. If I needed to scream down the highway at 300k, I would have bought a different bike. Prolly a busa. All bikes have their use as does ours.

Nuage420b
05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
[up]TJ. especially when you consider Erik designed the Barracuda's ergonomics and ride position in replica of the GSXR. I love that my bike is American made, I love that it is like the muscle car of sport bikes. But my next bike will be a litre bike, and I will probably stretch it and put a nice fat tire on the back and create some form of a fast as hell distance ride and bar hop bike. And I will still have my lightning to take out and tear up a track or curvy road. Erik is a genius in the industry but he is in good company worldwide. Yamaha's cross plane technology seems to be the I4's remedy of low bottom end. It's already close to V-Twin numbers in it's infancy.

TJBurly
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
my next bike will be a litre bike, and I will probably stretch it and put a nice fat tire on the back and create some form of a fast as hell distance ride and bar hop bike. And I will still have my lightning to take out and tear up a track or curvy road.

Exactly what I am talking about...[up]

BuddhaBuell
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I know that I was mackin' all of the ladies on my 82' Honda Interceptor back in high school.

if you were rocking an Interceptor when they first came out, yes indeed..you were the man [up]

I remember riding a 750 then a 1000 way back in the day.....awesomeness!!

then the GSXR came out...LOL :D

Then aboot 19 yrs ago I rode a 750 Interceptor and thought to myself, my god is thing slow, heavy (this is was at the same time I rode a tricked out FZR 750 that was insanely fast at the time)

Yuppers I loves just aboot anything on 2 wheels since I was knee high to a grasshopper...
:D

TJBurly
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
if you were rocking an Interceptor when they first came out, yes indeed..you were the man

Unfortunately, it was a few years later so it wasn't considered a super hot bike...I still like to think that I was mildly cool though. ;)

That said, I know a guy that just picked up an 1984 Honda VFR1000R. Really cool bike in mint condition...would love to have one of those in my collection.

TJBurly
05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
just picked up an 1984 Honda VFR1000R

Correction - 1985 VF1000R, before one of you spec. wizards calls me on it.

Nuage420b
05-06-2010, 12:33 AM
my buddy just got an 86 yamaha venture royal. . . he rocks the hell out of it, stand up wheelies down the highway on a full bagger stereo blaring. It's hilarious. I'm slowly getting introduced to the "vintage bikes" of the 80's

ctmallam
05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
I like all sportbikes. Just don't care for the all the plastic. That's one of the reasons I got rid of my R6. I was always worried about scratching it. Vintage bikes rock!

Gimpster
05-14-2010, 04:34 AM
I was rocking a VF500F Interceptor in high school, the baby 'Cepter :) weak, but the small V-Four was still fun. I wish I had kept it, was in mint condition when I sold it in 1995.

hula Buell
05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Gotta love them all however the Buell is in its own class.:D