PDA

View Full Version : New Buell Ulysses owner

jacob
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
hey guys , I'm an American army soldier stationed in Germany and I just bought a new Buell Ulysses , its sitting in my drive way right now , i was just wondering , how strong is the firestorm engine ? and does anyone know what the top speed is? any replies would be appreciated thanks ,pfc.carter

2Evil4U
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Is it an '08? My '06 Ulysses has been basically bulletproof for the last 18k miles. Warped front rotor is getting warrantied next week. Top speed I've had mine to is 124 on my GPS and it was still pulling, but I was running out of road. The way they're geared, I'd say an honest 130 is probably about it.

crazyhawk99
12-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Jacob,

I am also stationed in Germany. I work at Wiesbaden, but live near Heidelberg. I currently have a 02 Heritage Springer and 04 ZX10R and am SERIOUSLY considering buying a Ulysses this coming summer. Did you get an 08? What are your initial impressions? Germany will be an execellent place to ride the Ulysses. I think you will love it!

Old School One
12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey Gentlemen! SSG Leahy here at Ft Drum, NY
' 10th MTN DIV '
Picked up my XB12X for my retirement present!!
The bike is awesome, PERIOD. Great riding bike.
I put almost 500 mls on it the first weekend I
spent on Long Island, NY.
Cant wait to get back to Germany myself. I hope
to bump into one of yall...
Later..
patrick.leahy@us.army.mil

crazyhawk99
12-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Patrick,

I too have plans to pick up an 08 Ulysses in the coming summer as my retirement present. My rough plans are to pick it up in the states somewhere and ride it for a month, then ship it here to Germany. If you ever make it to Germany again, look me up. I am stationed at Wiesbaden until my retirement, but live closer to Heidelberg.

Happy Holidays!
Greg

2Evil4U
12-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey Old School. Congrats on the retirement. You'll love the Uly.

On a side note, my son, PFC Raymond Martin just shipped out to 9-Nissan with the 10th Mountain out of Fort Polk.

Hooah!

Old School One
12-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, well it is a small world isnt it. Thanks!
One more Troop in my prayers... 2Evil4U
Hey Greg, I will be living in Heppenheim in a few yrs
There is a Black 07'ULY here in Syracuse, NY. It has the side and rear hard trunk kit installed already. May get yourself a good deal? Ship it right out of Jersey port athority. (Been there-done that)Look around and drop me a line. I have a fellow SM in the Police Dept in Jersey, we could get you on your way
Later...

crazyhawk99
01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Old School,

Thanks for the reply. Although I am mostly interested in an 08 Uly, I am always open to a good deal on a used bike, particularly a low miles one. It is nice to have connections...

ahowudoon
01-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I just picked up an '07 Uly yesterday :D
Hope to have it delivered next week after the dealer installs the heated hand grips I ordered. I'm also planning on the side and top luggage system, but I'll be installing those on my own after I get the bike home. I took it for a test ride and when I got back I was grinning from ear to ear - I just had to have it. BIG change from the '01 Bandit 600S I was riding.

BuellPastor
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for your service. Serve well. Live long. May God Bless you.

Darren67
03-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I get to pick up my 08 next week, Cant wait!

bitter rod
03-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks for your service and my freedom to ride!!!![up]