PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket LED tail brake light system (kit)

shobbsww
12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok first off, hello buellxb community!
I am recent buell 2008 xb12r firebolt owner.
Hope to make some friends and learn a lot from this site.

But to get to the point, I am looking for a (as stated): Aftermarket LED tail brake light system (kit)

My folks were driving down the road and saw an older buell firebolt with a LED brake light system that is described like this...

--"it looked like a triangle (came to a point in center top and tapered off to the sides"

--"when the brake light was neutrally lit ( no applied brakes) there was a constant circling motion of blue LED lights around the parameter of the light"

--"and when he applied brakes,, we went blind!"

Does anyone have an idea of where this can be found etc...

If not can anyone provide links to a LED brake light kit including glass etc..

I have seen the one offered on americansportbikes.com
But looking for more custom and well to put it simply "cool looking".

Hope to hear from yall soon.

shaiss
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I can tell you this beffinately isnt the clear alternatves solution. If you go on americansportbike.com they have kits for $200-$300. Go there, I think its one of those kits.

dmp0001
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.xblights.net/
this sight has some good stuff too

speedybuell
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
You are probably referring to this setup, the company went out of business 3 years ago. I am in the process of making a mold of it so I can cast more.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/speedybuell/bueltail.jpg

robk
12-16-2007, 02:42 AM
You can get a clear or smoked lens intragated LED off of EBAY for around 80. I bouhgt one for myself(clear) and one for shortyxb12r(smoked). Weve been runnin them them for two years now and havent had any problems.

robk
05 XB9R

twisted
07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
SPEEDYBUELL, dude if that mold works please send me an email!

twisted
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
what was the name of the company? hopefully we might be able to find some floating around.

dans03firebolt
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Check out the Ermax undertail kit. It comes with the dual round LED lights and it looks great. I have that set up on my bolt and it is awesome.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-02-2008, 05:18 AM
You are probably referring to this setup, the company went out of business 3 years ago. I am in the process of making a mold of it so I can cast more.

Is that for firebolt? Looks like it's for a lightning to me. If it is you'll sell a bunch if you can cast them for a decent price.

camcam1144
04-30-2015, 12:34 AM
Look what I did --->HERE<--- (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/What-do-you-guys-think) and tell me if that's something like you want. While your there let me know what you think... I can't decide to keep it or loose it...

camcam1144
04-30-2015, 12:36 AM
My bad I didn't read your full post.... Just ignore me over here :D But still lmk what you think lol pleasee