PDA

View Full Version : New here....

Yazzie
12-13-2007, 03:02 AM
Just got an 02 X1 lightning.
Bought it from a friend who got a bmw bike and had it sitting.
changed the oil filter and ran synthetic, he was using the HD oil that the dealership sold him.
it was supposed to have a k&n air filter, but has some crap paper filter on it, the new one should be in any day now. I won't run it more then a few miles without it.
new plugs, new battery. I'm reading all the forums and getting use to what the bike should and shouldn't do and I seem to be in great shape. everything sounds normal as far as the forums and book say.
Its chipped, has the exhaust, new tires. gonna do my brakes next.
I love this thing. I don't know a lot about it(first bike) but I'm learning and it has enough power where it matters. thinking of getting some upgrades to make it a little meaner, maybe invest in some cf on any part of the bike i can find.
all in all i'm happy i chose this over any bike. Its not the easiest thing to ride, and thats why i'm safe. I don't get over confident, I can hear and feel everything thats going on and its just plain sexy.
Anyway I'll be around and let you know how things are going. ps thank god i'm in phx because cold riding is interesting to say the least. Who even owns a jacket in AZ?
Yazzie

Yazzie
12-13-2007, 03:12 AM
ps this is my bike with one of my models.
Yazzie
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/dougyazzie/sm1-12.jpg

LeFox
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
hey yazzie, welcome!

make sure the bike had all it's recall's.
this should also be an interesting link for you:
service-checkup (http://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/ServiceCheckup.asp)

dmp0001
12-13-2007, 04:39 PM
ONE of your models? how many do you have and for what purpose?

Yazzie
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I do photography here in arizona. I manage 15 models at a time because that's all I can handle. But she is one of the new faces who fell in love with my bike so I snapped a few pictures of her on it

Also I do need to get one recall taken care of! Ahh oh well tomorrow is my day off