PDA

View Full Version : New forum section for Buell X1, M2 and S3 riders

buellxb
12-13-2007, 03:58 AM
I know this forum was designed for Buell XB riders, but I feel it's important to offer a section for Buellers trying to keep it old school. Welcome X1, M2 and S3 riders!

LeFox
12-13-2007, 12:35 PM
hi there tubers! ;)

Yazzie
12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
X1 rider present.

This forum makes me want to drop everything I'm doing and mod the hell out of my bike. Its bad enough I stare out the window all day at work and watch it stare right back @ me!

buellxb
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I'm still trying to figure out how to own a Buell without working.? Yazzie, if you so choose, you can head up the growth of the X1, M2, S3 forum on buellxb.com. I really want to assign moderators soon for the different forum segments.

Yazzie
02-03-2008, 01:32 AM
sounds good to me....i'll try to get on here more often.

also...Was riding today, sitting in a parking lot about to meet with some ladies when I noticed white smoke coming from the ignition. shut her off, tried to salvage, but wasn't able to. So I walked home sitting here looking at this book trying to figure out how to fix it to at least get my baby home. Lets hope it goes smooth so I don't have to worry tonight. or crack and end up in a tent next to my bike.

bitter rod
02-03-2008, 01:50 AM
I would feel bad for you....but instead I am jealous that you actually got to ride. i am looking out the window at 6 inches of new snow! WHY DO I LIVE IN MICHIGAN??

Yazzie
03-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I've been riding a lot lately so I haven't had time to post. I was at 10,500 miles on my last post and today I just passed 12,100 miles. feels like nothing at all!!

so here is my update. I had the bolts on my headers come loose to the point that I lost one somewhere in Utah. Bought a box of three and repaired in New Mexico which was the closest Napa auto parts. Bike has been back firing when I close the throttle. very minimal. usually two loud shots in second, maybe one in 3rd around 3k rpm.
brakes need changing. tires are awesome. wanna upgrade to diablos. need a total tune up when I make it back to Tempe. I have a paycheck coming in on the 28th so I'll make sure I have my 12k done at harley.
one question I did have is, who would take it to a smaller shop rather then harley for the 12k tune up? just curious. money is NOT a problem. so let me know what you think about mechanics and etc.
Yazzie

LeFox
03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
good mechanics can be found anywhere...

depends on what service you get at the shop you go too [smirk]

buellxb
04-09-2008, 04:29 AM
I really thought we would have more old school Buell riders starting to pop in here. Pass on the word if any of you XB guys know some X1, M2 or S3 riders.

BuellPartsGuy
04-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Lots of those Tubers are hardcore for badweb.

buellxb
04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, I don't know what the lifespan of the average tuber is, but if they are true Buell fans they should be riding an XB or 1125R someday.

Yazzie
04-17-2008, 03:11 AM
I passed a guy today who was riding an x1. Unfortunately I was exiting the freeway and didn't have a chance to wave him down. That's the second buell rider I've crossed here in az.

Yazzie
04-17-2008, 03:11 AM
I passed a guy today who was riding an x1. Unfortunately I was exiting the freeway and didn't have a chance to wave him down. That's the second buell rider I've crossed here in az.

dottrz
05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Not alot of Buell riders/owners in my area, let alone owners of tube framed bikes. Closest dealer is about 50 miles away in just about every direction, putting me in kind of a Buell Wasteland. But hey, I've always been a trend setter, not one to follow the pack.... LOL.....probably more of a character flaw than anything to be honest... Although I enjoy the hell out of my 2002 S1W, I'm looking at it as a stepping stone to a Uly. I plan to retire in less than 5 years, and one of my retirement goals is to tour as much of the planet as I can by motorcycle. I had originally pondered going from the southern tip of Africa to the British Isles on a bike, but then, getting chased by a horde of skinnies intent on taking me hostage as a fund raiser kind of discouraged me on that venture. Besides, who's going to pay to spring ME?! So, I've tamed down my goal, but not entirely abandonded it. None the less, in the mean time, while I'm a proud "tuber" owner, here I am. Howdy, and safe but fun riding to all of ya'll! They call me Ott'r....[cool]

MOBILE
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I just bought a 2002 X1 last week. I road raced sport bikes 10 years ago and needed to get back on 2 wheels. This bike seemed the perfect compromise. I'm too old for a all plastic rocket, and too young for a all out cruiser.

This one is yellow with the PM wheels and a V&H slip on. So far I absolutely love it. It sounds mean and the torque is incredible.

I really appreciate the new forum section. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and hope I can both learn and contribute to here!

Thanks,
Chad

jsteven97s3
05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi,
I am the original owner of a 97 S3, it only has 5,000 miles on it. Last year it cut out on me on my way home from work, I let it sit for 20 minutes thinking it was vapor lock from 15% ethanol gas and it started up and I made it home. The next day I drained the gas and put fresh 10% Ethanol gas in it and took it for a ride. I got about 4 miles from my house and it cut out completely. By the time I coasted to the side of the road it started again and I turned it around and went back home. Also it backfired through the exhaust pipe when it died. I am thinking the Electronic ignition chip might be going bad and wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. My Freind had a Sportster that had similar trouble and it was the chip.

car6racing
06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
jsteven97s3

This sounds to me like you need to clean your carburetor. I have to clean mine almost every year. For the age and mileage you should be keeping Stabil in the tank all the time. I always forget to until about a month into winter, so I must do a major carb. clean. Much easier on a Buell than a Jap. bike though. Sometimes I can get away with just taking the float bowl off and clean the float needle, it can be hard to get out while carb is still on bike though.

Good luck[smirk]

kalali
06-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello to all fellow X1 owners. I just bought a 2000 X1 with 9700 miles on the odo. I know almost nothing about Buell bikes but only after the short test ride, I knew I had to have it. The bike is black and a very loud V&H slip-on exhaust (he did give me the stock muffler). I have an appointment at my nearby HD dealer on Saturday to have them just go over the bike to make sure all is well. My problem is I have no idea how the bike should run. I have ridden HD Sportsters before and the X1 (while standing still at idle) feels just like them - the shaking, little pop, etc., but I am not sure how much of this behavior is normal.
Anyway, I am very glad I found this community and I am sure I will have a lot of questions. Are there certain things I need to check or look out for? The previous owner did put in the little catch-can set up with a mesh filter thingy on top for the breather oil. Do I need to do anything with the ECM if I want to go back to the stock exhaust?
Look forward to hearing from you folks.

ophawk
06-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey there are still a lot of tubers, out here. Ive got nearly 50k on my '98 S3. I say nearly, cuz I swapped an XB front fork setup for the old stuff, in doing so I, no longer have a speedometer/odometer reading as the 1998's were the last to have the cable driven speedometer. I am wondering if anyone has access to actual blueprints/ engineering drawings for the lower casing of the engine of a 1999-2002 , or the sportster with the electronic speedo. Specifically I am looking into having my case machined, to put the sensor in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ophawk
06-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Yazzie, I live in the North Phoenix/Scottsdale area, and though we don't have to contend with 6 inches of snow, 115 deg heat in the shade, equates to roughly 140-150 on the street.

Phuell
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Some day I will get my frankenbolt to run but now my sportster will just have to do.

Phuell
09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
My 1998 thunderbolt/lightning/sportster. Is now running ophawk and lafox have been a great sorce of knowledge. Now that it is running it is having pressure problems. (high pressure shoots the bung out of the oil bag) The engine now powered by an 2006 Cv Carb I got from a big twin, Sounds awsome. I got a cheer from the people on my block that have been watching me wrestle with this frankenstine creation of mine. this thing hasn't ran in three years and is soo close to riding So anyone whith thoughts on my high pressure situation please let me know. Cant wait till I get to post her picture She is over a foot shorter on the ass cutting 40 pounds I shortend the body and combined the whole kit into one solid unit I am slimig the front down for another 30 pounds so about 70 pounds off my bike It has as much of the v twin exposed as poss. It says yes I am a v-twin but no you can't have a ride I call her Buellia

ophawk
09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Phuell, Glad to here that you got the monster running. Only two things that I can think of that would put that much pressure into the oil tank are possibly ring blow-by, if the rings are stuck from sitting so long they tend to get gummed up. Or if the oil is over filled and the scavenge line from the engine is putting the extra into the tank, and of course it is not compressible, so it needs to find a way out, I over filled mine and it would pop the fill lid off the bike, but if yours is screwed on, or your seat holds it down tight, this could be the problem.
Hope this helps,
Later
Dale

Phuell
09-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Yep i got the engine running after replacing the carb/battery lines plugs /starter relay/ did the timeing , Replaced all fluid/ gaskets , now all I have to do is replace the brake pads/ bleed/ fab. a brake res. cap attach new light/paint /rig new back fender mount/and figure out how to adjust my cluch . Now the bike runs great in Neutral good sounding starts first shot each time. However when I shift to first and let the cluch go It kills. I followed the procedure in the manual to adjust and got it to run whith the cluch 1/2 in until I ramped up to 3500 or so rpm which kills it. After scerwing around a bit I am now back to Kill at release. How far can you turn the timming screw counter clockwise will it bottom out the book is unclear I am afraid to damage something by turning to far. the book says bottom out lightly and my sportster one says when you feel resistance. any advice? ophawk thanks again. Phil

ophawk
09-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Phuell, that sounds like a Kickstand or Clutch switch issue, I had a similar thing going on with my clutch switch, I just shorted the wires at the switch with a piece of safety wire bent and slid into the terminal connector from the wire side and that solved the problem.
Later

08pegasus
10-23-2008, 10:08 PM
well im one more tuber in here. when i first got into this forum i was about to get a 08 xb12r but due to some issues and the dealer i was working with, it didnt happen. few weeks later my uncle called me and told me he would sell me his bike. and now i have a 97 s1. great bike. so far only put about 1000 miles on it but then again only had it for about 2 or 3 weeks. love the site just wish there were more tubers here

ophawk
10-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Don't fret, their are always some of us around. Just enjoy the ride, and the uniqueness of our bikes compared to the XB's even. I have a very early 98 S3. Our bikes were built when Harley only had a 49% share of Buell, they didn't acquire another 49% until later in 1998, so ours are truly Buells. They did acquire the remaining 2% just recently, and are wholly owned by HD now. If your bike hasn't been abused it should last as long as any Sportster, they really are nearly indestructable. Change the oils and filter on a regular schedule, depending on your riding style. Places to watch for issues, the rocker box gaskets, the original paper gaskets get brittle then crack and will leak, replace them with the steel shim style, and you won't have another leak there. Adjust the Primary chain correctly, it will wear the tensioner block if not adjusted properly.
Later
oh one more thing, if you have any questions, ask away, if someone on the forum doesn't have the answer, it is a challenge for us to figure it out first, and get it posted.
See Ya

Tornbuell
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Hello Fellow Buelligans
New to this site. I drive a 99 cyclone M2. Great bike. Never have any problems.

Rideon
Tornbuell

ophawk
10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the Party!!

SStLouisJak
12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Hello Tuber Bueller Dudes.
I just got an 01 M2
Glad I found you guys.

itsnotlevel
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Glad to see a buell forum keeping the "old timers, X1's" in the loop. I look forward to helping. Later![up]

aaronbuell
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
You know alot of you guys are Lucky my local H-D dealer wouldn't even return any of my e-mails or phone call because i didn't buy the bike from them. But when i stopped in to get plugs or oil they have no problem trying to sell me a new XB. So I Boycott that Dealer along with most of the people i ride with and now i go 120 miles to the next dealer (its a nice ride)they always get me the parts i need or will do what the can to help me. Just proves that they may have qualified mechanics but doesn't mean they will help you. TUBER FOREVER!!!

X1Buelligan
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi guys! Thought I'd start here and introduce myself as I have a question or two. I bought a limited edition 2000 X1 Red Strip from Frederick, Maryland. One of the hooks for me was the fact that Erik Buell had put the first 140 miles on the bike and then signed the tank, I know he has signed a lot of tanks! Not sure if any of you guys remember or even saw the Battletrax series, parking lot competition against the clock, Buell was a sponsor. Well in 2003 they did a nationwide competition and I won the one in Gettysburg, Pa. Harley sent me and 8 other winners to Las Vegas to compete on the then new 1200 XB and Erik came to hang out. I got the chance to confirm his ride on my bike and had a blast even if it was 118 in the shade! Anyway I'm glad I found this forum and will post some pics and some questions cause my baby needs help and I miss her!
Glad to be a tuber but really want an 1125CR!!

Thanks, Mike Monaghan

onebadx1
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Onebadx1 here from Mn. I ride a "tricked" 99 X1 built to the balls. I'm new here and will post pics soon.

Old and Slow
07-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Any suggestions for a small tail bag for my '02 X1?

currently strapping small pack to seat strap. FUNKY!

Pete in Eureka CA

PS: newbie got bike in June

ik97m2
07-23-2009, 10:12 AM
hey guys i have an 97 m2 and i think the transmission is goin out. in the middle of driving home the other night the bike started making a real loud knocking noise like some thing was dragging the ground so i stop and the muffler is on and nothing seems to be wrong on the out side. I can change gears and accelerate but as soon as i decelerate without the clutch being pulled in it makes a horrible knocking noise. Any ideas what the hell this could be ? Also i noticed that here seems to be oil on the drive belt, and leaking around the part where the belt attaches to the engine.

Hams
07-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Does anybody know if a 200mm tire will fit on S3 stock wheel? If not, what's the max before running into clearence issues.

Many Thanks!

ophawk
07-24-2009, 08:05 AM
The 200 tire will physically fit, but the wheel being only 5 1/2 inches wide it is not recommended. also without using either a spaced out pulley or converting to a chain final drive there is not enough clearance between the belt and the right edge of the tire. The 180 on mine only leaves about 1/4 inch of room.
A 190 is the largest width I have seen on a stock setup, and they had to remove the extreme right edge from the tire to do it.
Hope that helps

hoginedgewood
07-31-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm lost, where do i post a message?
I have a 99 thunderbolt and can't figure which is pin 1 and 2 on the 4 wire plug near the steering head.
Keith

larrykempisty
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
frist time in the forum. LJ99 i ride a 99/m-2 and i wonder if the top-end gasket kit is the same as a sportster or do i have to buy thunderstorm kit., thanks lj null

dave46nz
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi Guys....Dave from New Zeakand here. I have an 02 one owner M2, and I love it. Race kitted, dynojet. Summers coming here, and lots of riding coming up. Poker runs, club meets,,,,wooohoooo

YO MUDA
09-07-2009, 11:18 PM
YO MUDA here, from Norman okieHOMER. Picked up a 2002 M2 fron the original owner. Its black, with the breather kit and jetted also has a V&H muffler. Picked it up in Dallas and rode it 180 miles back here. Was kinda scarey at first cause im about 2 inches too short for it. Got a new back tire, foam grip covers and bar end mirrors installed this weekend. Want to get the wheels painted or powdercoated and want to get a new tail for it. Ive only owned crusers, so forgive the dumb questions I'll prolly be asking.

L1m3y
09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Tubers, Just sayin' hi,Im not new to bikes but im new to Buells. I dont know what to expect from my 02 cyclone so i apologize in advance for my stupid questions ;0)

YO MUDA
09-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Wow, 3 02s in a row.[up]

duane
10-14-2009, 03:41 AM
Picked up a 2000 x1 last week with only 6900 miles. I love the bike but its running lean and likes to sputter and backfire between 2700 and 3500 rpm. A dyno run confirmed the fact. There are no error codes on the bike but the mechanic said I should put a stock exhaust back on. I like the Vance and Hines thats on it. Do I just need to install a race ecm to solve the problem?

pritchpj
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
i must be the oldest school here you didn't even mention S2's.
been riding buell's since 1995.
i have had almost every model made, still have 4.
9 buell in total ...s2,s1,s1w,xb9r,xb9r,xb12r,xb9 race bike,1125r,1125r.
i think after 10 you should get a free one.
i also converted my S2 to a XB front end.
does anyone need S2 forks in real nice shape?
i have lots of misc parts laying around
just ask.
i check back later
ken

skunkwork
10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, i`m a newbie here as you can probably tell. I just brought my "new to me" 00 cyclone m2 home today....LOVE IT. only question i have is that there anyway to lower the back a couple inches....i have to tippy toe it an it`s not real comfortable on the "boys"..lol, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

diegomentor
10-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi guys. I'm a argentinian Bueller. I own a '97 S1 Lightning and a '03 Blast which actually rides my ol'lady. Please forgive my bad english. I'm needing the parts catalog for my '97 S1. If someone could send me a copy I would be eternally grateful. I can use any parts catalog too, just for comparison. Thanks! my email is harleysdrugstore@arnet.com.ar
Thanks again!

millenium380
11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Greetings fellow social rejects! Funny how crotch-rocket guys hate Buells and most of the cruiser crowd looks down their collective noses at us. That's until we ride all over, around, and through them! Injected V-Twin muscle on steroids in a sport bike frame...why didn't they think of this sooner? These tubers have some quirks and definitely need more maintenance than my '82 CB 900F Super Sport, but God! The torque! Only real problem I have is some oil puke and roasting in the summer on an air-cooled V-twin!

buelladdicted
01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi listeven? the cut out prob. sounds like heat related electrical,could be a chip or as simple as a coil.Internal shorts occur in coils when cracks in insolation expand w/ heat ,just an example.fuel probs show themselves hot, cold,in diferent ways,ea: A bike w/ lean running condition,runs crappy cold but improves as it reaches opperating temp,but might pop on deceleration.Hope this helps

devilscandy13
08-22-2010, 07:46 PM
whats going on fellow tubers.. looking to put a wide tire on the back of my 2000 x1 any help with that? what the widest i can go with the stock parts?

pur pony
08-23-2010, 06:12 AM
hey, i have heard with a PM wheel you can fit a 200, but i have only heard that, not tried it. I would guess it would almost be rubbing on the belt. I in the middle of a XB wheel swap right now on my X1 and plan on a 190.

XB and PM wheels are both 5.5" wide, the stock cast tuber 3 spoke is only 5" wide.

akern
08-27-2010, 09:05 AM
just traded my 76 hardtail for a 2000 s3t. 1 owner lots of mods. need help with dead spot in throttle under 3/4 throttle. also wondering if the stock seat is flat or has the scoup in it. this one is corbin and it is a little snug for me. any thanks would be greatly appreciated. akern

thomas_cronan
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
akern- what kinda of hard tail did you have? i got a 99s3 and a 76 sportster also. i can help with the problem with the s3, is it efi or been switched to carburetor? if it is still fuel injected, you can use the direct link cable, and ecm spy along with megalog programs. i have the race map and stock maps for a s3. where you located?
TR

Mattr_s
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok I know this sounds sad but I am a Harley tech own a buell and put almost twenty thousand miles on my 02 x1w and am finally starting to mod it. I've got a forcewinder a Vance and Hines muffler and .536 SE cams. What kind of really good cosmetic stuff can I do. I mean let's face it this bike has more miles than my truck. Haha! Any kind of help would be great thank you. Matt

gypsey
09-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Hi all you tubbie fans, i have a m2 cyclone down here in aussie land its done 92,000 ks and going strong, i just brought a 1125r wow!!! what a bike, they were giving them away here $1300o aust, but i still love my tubbie .....

Chad22
09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys proud owner of a 99 m2. Glad i finality found a good group of toobers

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii444/toyotaguy55/shot_1283810572910.jpg

Catman
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a 2001 M2 and love the torque and handling, but it's too tall.

Jerry C
12-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I have a 99 X1 it is my monster! I Love this bike! In Richmond VA Richmond Superbike is a good place to take your bike, they do better work then the local Buell/HD dealer. Any of you guys going to VIR for the AMA superbike races in August?

the mad mick
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi I'm a big fan of my S3T what a bike ride it every day normally 80 miles or so but this week has been to a minimum due to snow and booze lol

rodzooka
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I have a 2002 X1W,79 Yamaha RD-400F Daytona,2010 Ultra Classic. The Ultra's my work horse(already at 15,000 miles),the Yamaha's yet to be restored,and when the need for speed arrives the Buell is the only answer! I'm here to tell you that at the age of 50 the need is still there!Who needs Viagra,speed and fresh chickens the answer!

Gmaan
01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello I just picked up a 01 X1 and love the bike! It needs work so off I go a good winter project. First thing is I need to bring it into the dealer so they can tell me why it runs bad. The guy I bought it from put on a Vance & hines exhaust, and a force wind intake. Will the dealer be able to diagnose the problem fairly easy?

ANIMOSITY
01-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Former Tuber! Had a 98 S1, and a 00 M2.
Now nothing. Still love the tubers, dont think they get enough respect. Plan to buy another S1 soon, but an looking also for a XB.

Jerry C
01-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Gmaan, It depends on the dealer, most HD techs aren't given the time to look at each bike. I spent $290 on my XB and when I got it back it was worse. I took it to a local bike shop ( Richmond Super Bike, Va.)and they got it running very strong. They have worked on my X1 as well.

Eviltwins
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
New to the forum and am a hard core tube fan. Most of my friends ride tubers and the majority of my work is on tubers because of the age for the most part. I do like the newer buells but have a soft spot for tubes.

Jerry C
01-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!

robporter9
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
new buell s3 owner.
just asking. whats the cheapest way to get rid of this ugly air cleaner for something smaller on my 2001 fuel inj. buell. and still run right. it already has the power comander and race slip on muffler. ecm race.
any answers?

Jerry C
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Define cheap.

robporter9
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
150 bucks would be half of what i am seeing. thats cheap enough.

Jerry C
01-28-2011, 03:42 PM
robporter9, Check American Sport Bike(ASB). Ebay is a good place to look for stuff cheap. I have a billet unit w/a K&N filter about $200 from ASB it works great!

Jerry C
01-28-2011, 03:47 PM
My bad I just checked ABS the unit has gone up to $285
I guess its been a while!

Johnny Corlano
02-20-2011, 09:21 PM
01 X1. 20+K miles. Owned since new. Force Exhaust, Force Winder Intake, Race ECU, Power Commander, Adjustable levers, Wave Rotor, Sintered pads.
High sided once, low sided twice. Had it fixed under warranty about 30 times for EVERYTHING until it ran out. Getting ready to have the suspension rebuilt through Race Tech. I've probably been there and done that. Questions? I'll take a crack at it.

Johnny Corlano
02-20-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/9076_20110220154244_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/9076_20110220153626_L.jpg

nativeXb12Rbuell
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
welcome to the best Buell forum. Very nice X1 !!
here are some links that you as a long time Bueller you may want to check out , lots of great info !
150-Helpful-Links-for-Buellers....and-Growing. (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/150-Helpful-Links-for-Buellers....and-Growing.)
Buell-Clothing--Parts-List---Foreign--Domestic (http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sale/Buell-Parts-for-Sale/Buell-Clothing--Parts-List---Foreign--Domestic)
pegasusraceteam.com racewear (http://www.pegasusraceteam.com/html/racewear.html)
EBR racing team Donate Page support crew (http://www.ebracingteam.com/index.html)
Erik Buell Racing .com (http://www.erikbuellracing.com/)
Erik Buell & EBR gear & merchandise (http://www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/erikbuell)

Jerry C
02-21-2011, 05:01 AM
I'm looking for a tank bra for my 99 X1, it has the original carbon fiber and I want to protect it.

Johnny Corlano
02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Jerry,
I've never seen a bra that covered the entire tank. I've only seen the belt buckle guards. I made a "bra" that was from a Kawi ZX14 that I modified with a sewing machine. Took all of about 30 minutes. worked fine until I got tired of it. You could always buy a tank shell off ebay and put the original in storage.

Jerry C
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Johnny,
Good idea, I'll check ebay. Do you race your X1?

Johnny Corlano
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm figuring out what I want to do. I'm limited in classes I can run with my X1, so I've been kicking around the idea of getting an 1125, or an Aprilia Tuono. Either way I'm keeping the X1.

Jerry C
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah the X1 is a keeper. I bought a 77 GS750, my intent is to do some vintage racing here in Va.

runthomasrun
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm looking to put wire laced wheels on my 99 x1 and I already have the rear and need the front. What hub should I buy that will work on that stock front end? any help would be awesome.

Blg74
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey guys add one mor to your old school Buells. I recently bought an 01 X1 Lightning. It has a Vance and Hines exhaust, K&N air filter and race ecm. I love the Bike the way it is but can't wait to do things to it to make it mine. Would love to find some relly cool aftermarket rims, but so far not having any luck.

Mike88Recovery
05-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Hey everyone, one more tuber for the books, just bought my 99 M2 a couple weekends ago with about 18K, now has closer to 19K. The bike has ceramic coated headers, vance & hines muffler, k&n filter on a forcewinder intake, and breather kit installed. Talk about bang for the buck, I got it on the south side of $3k :D Tach and twin pod cluster is on the way with a Buell race air filter in the near future. Also, any riders in the Jacksonville/Wilmington area that want someone to ride with I'm always out and about.

Bmanpipefitter
05-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi I just bought my brothers 2000 m2 cyclone with 7,700 miles :)
The bad the clutch seems to be slipping why? I did adjust the clutch at the cable next to the engine after riding 200 miles. What should I do?

racerrick
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
ok picked up my 2000 cyclone today.where can i download a servive manual?

Jerry C
05-28-2012, 04:04 AM
It's good to hear about all the tubers joining our ranks.If you take reasonable care of these bikes they will last.Since I bought my 1999 X1 10/29/2010,I've put more than 9500 miles on her.

jaybonz
05-31-2012, 12:44 AM
hi guys got a 2000 x1 with an engine knock and air in my oil in the reservior anyone have an idea? I think it's my oil pump but don't know.null

Jerry C
07-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Note: the Napa 730-9561 $14 fuel filter works well on my 1999 X1.

bc350astro
08-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Hi group! I have had a 2000 S3T since 2001 and it is great. Just rode from Vancouver BC to Denver and back with nary a hicup. The question of the day is,the upper motor mount. With the stock unit I would get about 6000 km then the center would pull out and the motor would drop down. After number 3 I went to a big twin mount . Has a big washer bonded to it. Have about 8000k on it and looks fine. The rear isolators were changed under wty and are still ok. Has the full race kit and the packing blew out of the race muffler years ago. I have a '49 Vincent Rapide that is almost as much fun. So, has anyone had issues with the top mount?
Fred.

Red93stang
08-15-2013, 12:16 PM
So, has anyone had issues with the top mount?

I have only had the front motor mount head bolt break off in the head. Havent had any issues with the front mount itself. Although it does have the lastest mount and a stenzel bar on it as well. Welcome to the board!

bc350astro
08-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Any one have the speedo sleeping on the job then spring into life, only to have a quick nap. then wake up? Just did it today for the first time. Did this for about 40 km and now works fine. The other wierdness is motoring along at speed only to have a sensation that feels like the cush drive slipped one tooth ou the belt drive slipped.Does it once every couple of thousand km. Nothing obvious.
Any of you out there get the chance to go to Dream Cycle Museum in Sorrento BC, do it. Was there yesterday and it was great. About 40 old British bikes.

Skipchek
09-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I just joined. I bought my 1997 Buell new and rode it rain or shine in Houston until five years ago. It's been sitting in the garage waiting for me to trace down an electrical short in the rear harness (instantly blows the fuse if I brake or turn on the turn signal).
Where can I get a manual with wiring diagram for '97 S3T?
Also, what's the easiest way to clean out the carb after extended garage time?

Skipchek
09-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Sorry, newbie. I found my way to the page with manuals.

upthemaiden
10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Random thought incase it helps. I was having a similar problem once, any time I turned the fuse was blowing. Turned out that when I put my seat on, I pinched the cable under the seat and every time I turned on the turn signal it would short out. This was an XB, I'm not sure how the S3T seats are, but that's the first place I'd look!

I'd just pull the carb apart and clean it out, if it looks especially gross you could soak some parts in pinesol to really clean it out.

bc350astro
10-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Went back to Dream Cycle Museum and bought his '92 Sportster Storz flat track conversion. 1200cc kit and all the trimmings except forks. I sold my '65 Velo Thruxton last year and the garage looked empty. Think I will make a cafe racer if I can find an alloy Manx style tank.

nightster2012
11-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Bump well I'm new to form made a few post about a wiring issue I'm having not getting to many answers.I've save a 99 x1 from a long journey to the scrap yard here in AZ. With the hopes of getting it ready for the Tucson drag strip only problem I'm having is there is no spark and I've test the coil I have power to the coil , power to the crank position sensor, and signal from ecu to crank position , but no power from ecu to coil.. any help would be great o even a wire diagrams would help thank you

mart7
12-05-2013, 03:40 AM
What about the ign control module. I have a 98 s3 and I had a no spark issue ha power and everything at the coil but the ign control module ended up being the problem. It had a compu fire selectable electronic advance ignition module that was crap so I put a stock one on it and it started right up. I know mine is carb'd and yours is injected but maybe something to look into