PDA

View Full Version : Ebracing ECM for 03 buell firebolt??

Plugugly94
05-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site, but it sure looks like there are alot of buell fans that offer some good advice. Hopefully you'll have some for me. I have an 03 xb9r that I have an open airbox kit in with k&n filter. I am going to run a drummer on it, because I like the performace of it and the sound, since I can't find the buell race ECM anywhere, I am wondering if anyone is running the ebracing ECM, and is it the same thing? I know that alot of you just buy a cable, and do the ecmspy thing, but I am not comfortable enuf to do this. Any advicewould be helpful.

bguinn
05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
It is not hard downloading a map to the bike. Many people have been happy with this fix, and it would only cost you a cable which would be around $50.00.

Stevenc150
05-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Like bquinn said, get you an ECMSpy cable from Ebay or Xoptiinside.com - download the software here: ECMSpy Download (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/ECM-Spy-Download), and study up on the manual (version 2.0) from ECMSpy.com. After reading up, we'll take care of you from there with the maps and such. ;)[up]

Plugugly94
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok, so I read the manual (version 2.0) on the ECMspy.com website, and am confused on how the process goes to re-map my stock ECM. I am not a mechanical engineer or a computer engineer, it seems like there an overload of info on that site. I buy the cable, download the software, hookup my laptop to my bike, and then what? Is it as simple as pushing a button? I don't have access to a dyno, and am concerned that I will screw something up if I start to mess with my ECM. I guess what I am saying is that I am looking for something to plug in or program and not something to tune. Hopefully you guys have some patience with me.

bguinn
05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Once you have gone online and uploaded your maps off your stock ecm, you can then copy and paste the race maps in the stock maps place then download the changes to the ecm.

It is pretty easy. If you do decide to get technical and want all you can get out of your machine, you can start datalogging and tinkering till you are completely happy.

As long as you save a copy of your stock eeprom, you can always go back if you don't like how things have worked out.

Plugugly94
05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok, thanks... Now after I do that, all I have to do is reset the tps and I can do this withe same cable? How hard is that? I know it is more than just pushing a button, I have to zero out an adjustment screw orsomething also?

bguinn
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I have an 09 bike so I haven't studied up on what to do with the TPS reset on the older bikes. Thee are a lot of write ups on how to do this, just use the search.