PDA

View Full Version : 1125R cut out problems

ghostrider272
05-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Took the bike out for it's first spin of the year before I leave town for work for two weeks. Was out for about 7 miles and the bike all of a sudden shut down. After about 5 minutes I was able to start it up. Then after another 7 ish miles, it happened again. THe third time I was 2 miles from home and had to have my brother come pick me up with the truck.

I would get a low gas level light, with a full tank of fresh gas. I would also get the check engine light intermittently when it wouldn't start.

Anyone have this happen to them? Bike is going in upon my return as the shop was closed when I finally was able to get the bike loaded up.

03Firebolt9R
05-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I have gotten the low fuel light, but only when it was really cold outside. Never had it die though. How much old gas did it have in it? I would start with the simple things first....fuel, spark, air.

agfish18
05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I have had the fuel light and the check engine light on, but it never shut off. apparently the lights were a problem for the '08 model 1125's. I have never had it die like that though, just when my dumb ass hit the engine shutoff switch while moving my thumb momentarily, but I chock that up to big hands and thick winter gloves. Sorry I wasnt much help.

jackgraves
06-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Mine will shut off if I'm at a light at idle and I snap the throttle quick.

Bossanova
06-10-2010, 03:55 AM
yeah mine also shuts off on occasion when I'm rolling to a red light but it starts right up before I come to a stop. Interested in hearing what the dealer says.

swb1125r
07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
i get the check engine light occasionally my low fuel light will come on momentarily... and my battery light too.... i have problems with my battery cables rattling loose... it was one problem so check those... i also removed the servo motor under the airbox.. that cured my cut out and check engine light problem.... now just to figure out the low fuel light... hmmm

popeye13433
07-20-2010, 07:13 AM
mine will shut down occasionally when im down shifting and rolling to a red light just like bossanova but she starts right up