PDA

View Full Version : ECMspy Assistance needed.

yournamehere
05-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Sorry to do this to ya. I have an 06 ULY, stock with a high flow air filter. I was having issues with the engine cutting out while under load in a left-hand turn. I assumed it was the Bank Angle Sensor. I just got the ECMspy cable and Software and have successfully disabled the BAS. Now, I wonder if I can do anything in regards to the tuning easily. I'm a mechanic by trade and am somewhat computer savvy but feel like a monkey doing a math problem looking at the fuel/air maps etc. The cable came with a "race ecm" programming. Is there anyone out there that would have any desire to walk me through an ECM update/change. Please dish out the info as if I were 5 years old. Thanks

Blair Harris
Asheville
828 216 3155
spinninyourwheels@gmail.com

Jabaniz
05-17-2010, 01:01 AM
check for engine codes under one of the tabs in ecmspy also..

yournamehere
05-17-2010, 01:14 AM
check for engine codes under one of the tabs in ecmspy also..

I did.

I saw the engine light flashing while the engine was cutting out. It flashed for a while then was steadily lit. After I turned the bike off- for a break, and then back on- to head home, the check engine light was off. I got home and attempted to read the error code history. The history was clear of any error codes.

dallasb
05-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Same thing happened to my bike when I first bought it...its a '06 xb9 FWIW...the error code that I pulled up said that it was a faulty ground. I'm not really sure exactly what the problem was since the light has never came on again.

yournamehere
05-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Same thing happened to my bike when I first bought it...its a '06 xb9 FWIW...the error code that I pulled up said that it was a faulty ground. I'm not really sure exactly what the problem was since the light has never came on again.

Did the error code give a location for the bad ground

dallasb
05-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Not that I recall sorry

yournamehere
05-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Not that I recall sorry

Ain't no thang. Thank you anyway.