PDA

View Full Version : wind buffeting

MartyG
05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Here's a question for all you Uly owners. I have a City X that I ride for fun, but I have a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 that I use to commute and tour with. My question to you is how much wind do you get hitting the head and shoulders on the Uly? I'm looking to sell my V-Strom and get one maybe next year. I want to do some long trips on it, like 500 mile days and just wonder about that. Thanks for the help

bardo688
05-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I bet you still catch some wind but not much.

I have an 03 9S so not much help here

upthemaiden
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
If you want to test it out for yourself instead of just taking opinions, you could always try to find a uly windscreen and put it on your xbsx. I've seen a couple people on here put the bigger windscreens on their lightnings.

Stevenc150
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
You can get the taller windscreens for the Uly if it's a problem: Uly Thread (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Ulysses-XB12x/Ulysses-Picture-thread)

MartyG
05-18-2010, 02:36 AM
I think I'm going to go do a test ride at the local dealer. The owner has a Uly as well as at least one of the sales guys. Thanks all

wingwalk
06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Marty
I have put the larger Cee Baily screen on and it's taken the wind off the front of the helmet. The wind coming up from the forks is the force now, hitting the chin area. I posted a thread asking for suggestions for a fairing/deflector but didn't get any response. This summer I'll tackle this. HD make deflectors and I may be able to modify to fit the ULY.
Regards