PDA

View Full Version : major engine problem????? PLEASE HELP ME?

pumpactionmattt
05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I have a 1998 S1 I i took it out to day and as it was warming up i heard a hising noise i found that the oil cap was popped up slightly and there was oil leaking from the top. Now this happened to me last year as well everyone had told me it was due to over filling. Well i had just done and oil change and i purposely left it a little low til start up and would have rechecked after warm. When i went to take the cap off oil blew out almost a foot high there was a ridiculous amount of pressure build up i checked all lines for kinks and blockages all clear. no oil sensor light comes on (while riding or at idle on when ignition is at acc) Please help me whats the next step should i just bite the bullet and take it to a shop?? I know my way around the bike and i would hope to fix any problems myself but this is baffling me big time. Thanks for any tips suggestions or ideas.

strmvt
05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Try a compression and or a leakdown check you may have a headgasket goin bad and it`s letting compression leak into the oil passages just and idea

bguinn
05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
If your sure you didn't overfill it I would check the crankcase vent valves. I'm not sure about the S1, but did ya'll do breather reroutes too? If so, your line or your breather could be clogged.

pumpactionmattt
05-22-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks for the read guys i found the problem. Blew the motor some how i took off the oil pump and found 1/4 inch piece of metal from somewhere clogged in the inlet. Which in turn caused my reverse pressure problem. So now i'm looking for a new motor for a 1998 s1 if anyone knows where i can find one without paying an arm and a leg lol let me know.

Thanks

strmvt
05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Ouch man sorry about that good luck on a rebuild or new motor search