PDA

View Full Version : Front Motor Mount

suprwrench
05-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Hello Buellers,
Just thought I would post this as FYI. My wife and I own a S3T and a Blast (hers). Last week I found the left front isolator bolt broke off in the head of the S3. Figured while I was repairing mine I would replace the Blast engine mount as well. Bought both from Lexington, KY H/D-Buell. The Thunderbolt mount was 65.00, the Blast 22.00. When I opened them up, both had the same casting numbers. Went back to H/D to find out why I got the same mounts for diff. prices. The parts guys, nor the GM could answer the question. They refunded the money and I bought two Blast mounts. Here's the point, don't waste your money buying the 79D mount. You get the same one for 22.00 if you ask for a Blast mount.
Also, if a front isolator bolt breaks off in the head (this is normally due to someone who removed the bolts and did not put 271 Loctite back on causing shear, or a broken motor mount), you will have some difficulty finding the f911 bolts in a hurry. No sweat! Fastenall has a new line of grade 9 bolts made from the same material (8637/8640 alloy) in stock at a lower cost. Before you ask, NO!, they are not made in China, Taiwan, or India. They are made in Canada.
Hope this helps some of you.

mowgoli84
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
just had both my bolts go at the same time, wth! One bolt is snapped off in the head :( Thanks, your post helped!

mowgoli84
09-10-2010, 05:56 PM
also, i couldnt find the bolt you are talking about on fastenall's site, can you help me out?

gypsey
09-16-2010, 05:40 AM
HI i too had problems with the front mounting bolts, it was due to the top isolator rubber mount going to hard and not taking the vibrations, high tensile bolts dont like vibrations and can undo them selfs, i fitted grade 12 allen bolts and used a nord lock washer this stops them from coming loose and loosing clamp load and fitted the (new) rubber mount. i hope this helps