PDA

View Full Version : brakes screeching

SteveTackett
05-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Has anybody had a problem with brake screech and vibration? My bike sounds like a freakin school bus when I put the brakes in. Appreciate the help. Cheers

dallasb
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Probably just build up on your rotor. Every now and then I will get the bike up around 65 and lay on the brakes real hard. This will scrub off the old residue that causes the brakes to squeak. However, I don't have any vibration in the front rotor so it may be something else all together. Have you checked your brake pads?

Stevenc150
05-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, scuff the brake pads up real good with some Coarse sand paper, and use Scotch brite pads on the rotor - works well for me. If that doesn't help the vibration, may need to check your rotor for warpage.

IRULE
05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
""...lay on the brakes real hard."

*WARNING* - "Don't be an idiot and grab the brakes and lock the bitch up. If you stupid enough to do that, you didn't hear it from me."

*FINE PRINT* - "Make sure you look up while using both brakes. Progressively apply both brakes without locking them up. If you locked up the front, release immediately then reapply. If you locked up the rear, keep it locked until you are come to a stop."

*BUELLTERMAOLOGY* - "You will jam on the front brake until the tail of your bike lift up to a balance point, you will hold it until your speed is at minimum. Make sure you turn at least 360 degree before putting the rear tire back down."

However you read it, the rust will be gone! :D

SteveTackett
05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks everybody. I'll go out tonight try to scrub off those brakes (without locking da bitch up):D:p

ausxb
05-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Has anybody had a problem with brake screech and vibration?

Is it just the rear? mine does it on the rear when warmed up intermitantly, loud with vibration as you described
Maybe warped rotor but seems better after a clean.

03Firebolt9R
05-29-2010, 11:59 AM
My CR's rear brake squeals also. No vibrations just squealing when I am almost at a complete stop. Probably just the brake pads, I will go with Lyndell Golds when these are shot. Had them on my XB and never a sound from them.

SteveTackett
06-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah it seems to be mostly the rear. I clamped them down pretty hard a few times and that helped alot.