PDA

View Full Version : XB9SX Performance upgrades

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Hate to be the newbe with the dumb questions but I don't know jack about my xb. I have an 06 XB9SX that I want to get more power out of. I stripped all the weight I can. I have read that my jardine exhaust is no good. Any recommendations? Also what can you do with a fuel injected bike. I found a Wiseco fuel controller and I have also been reading about this race ecm. Is the race ecm plug and play? Right now the bike is stock other than the exhaust and K&N air filter.

Drkside79
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Well a Breather mod will help it run better

dallasb
05-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I have a hawk exhaust seems to do alright. The race ecm is plug and play.

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Is the race ECM worth $200.00 Or is it just a waste of money that doesn't improve the bike?

What is a breather mod?

Stevenc150
05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the Forum and the Buell Family. Here's a good start: Where to Begin...Buell Performance (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/buell-performance...where-to-begin)

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Have good NGK's in. Good intake and a Jardine exhaust. I wish I had a carburated model so I could bore it, put some good components in, change cams, and just adjust the carb as needed. This fuel injection BS is screwin with me. I think I am going to try the race ecm. I wish I could just sell the thing.

theoctopus
05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I wish I could just sell the thing.

That's a real positive attitude that I'm sure will garner you tons of support here on a Buell enthusiast website.

I'm just going to ignore that for now.

FI is actually not that bad. You can do all your remapping (of the fuel, not the timing) with ECMSpy and a WB O2 in the rear and front headers. 3 hours of datalogging/riding and you'll have a bike with a really solid tune, and much more specific to your bike than adjusting jets.

If you really need to increase engine performance, then there are big bore kits available to you. You might also want to talk to xopti, as he has an XB9 that's pretty damn fast.

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I am just frustrated because I can't seem to find any info on anything. I went to ECMspy and it said it was closed. How can you do a big bore with an ECM for a 984?? I think I am going to try the race ECM. Any input?

BuddhaBuell
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I wish I could just sell the thing.
hmmm, 9 minutes after his post seanxb9sx started a thread that his 9 is for sale
wow is all I can say on that...
maybe an old tuber would satisfy his need for carburation....

That's a real positive attitude that I'm sure will garner you tons of support here on a Buell enthusiast website.
no doubt..

seanxb9sx
man there is so much info on the site, I was not too keen to do work on BamBam (also a 06 XB9SX) but by searching the threads and asking questions I am able to do alot to him..
don't give up cause you have a piece of motorcycle history in your possesion and read enough posts and you will realize we all share a passion for our Buells..

Here is the number of Randy Hawkins, he owns Hawk Performance and is one helluva guy, always has the time to chat and help brother Buellers out..
1 706 260 9734
I don't hesitate telling you to call him cause he would say the same thing....

Keep your Buell man, you'll be sorry if you sell her
good luck and keep the rubber side down...

Drkside79
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Sean why you would want to sell the best bike I've ever owned is beyond me but moving on...

Try a drummer exhaust. I would get the SS or CF.
Erik Buell racing makes an ECM designed for it.

The breather mod allows gasses to dissipate as opposed to being reused cleaner air in the bike will make it run smoother.
Reroute Thread (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/How-To-Crank-Case-Breather-Mod-with-pics)

303xb
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
ill take it off your hands for 3000

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
My 9 has been for sale for 2 months. Just found this site and added it. And yes the land speed record holding "tuber" S1 would have been a better purchase for me. Doesn't mean I don't like Buell, just means I should have done more research. That all being said and, all of you being so perfect, I thought maybe you could help me learn how to make my 9 a better faster machine. I am not familiar with FI so it is foreign and so are its upgrades. You all started out not knowing everything as well. I thought maybe you could share your knowledge and help.

BuddhaBuell
05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
all of you being so perfect,
Dave, we need a facepalm here...
303, you have any laying around?
:D

if you want perfection sean, you need to head over to BadWeather, they'll treat you right
[smirk]

303xb
05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
303, you have any laying around?

any what laying around?

seanxb9sx
05-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Don't wana go to badweather. Just wanted some help from everyones knowledge and experience without the lip. BuddhaBuell - Thnks for the info on Bam Bam. I am going to see if I can find the Buell racing website.