PDA

View Full Version : Force Streetfighter XB9 Exhaust

seanxb9sx
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I came across this force exhaust system and I am thinking about buying it however I can't seem to find any info or reviews. Does anyone have this set-up or know anything about it. I found that they used to make a welded version for some of the older Buells that people loved other than the fact that there was an issue with the mounting bracket. I am not a millionare so the thought of a sweet exhaust system for $650.00 is appealling but I don't want to be cheap and buy junk either. Any info would be great. The website is useforce.com then just type buell xb in the search.

LeFox
05-30-2010, 08:24 PM
they are loud and you will loose low-end torque...

got a friend who has this system and he welded a smaller partition in it to improve the low-end.

seanxb9sx
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Substabtial low end? Where did he weld the partition?
I don't mind losing a little low end if I gain top-end.

seanxb9sx
05-30-2010, 08:49 PM
I meant - did he lose substantial low end?

seanxb9sx
05-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Does anyone else know anything about this exhaust system? Or have any recommendations. I have a Jardine but I have just recently learned from this website that it is a hunk of junk. I don't have the original exhaust to send in to get a drummer or hawk.

LeFox
05-31-2010, 09:52 AM
yea, the loss is pretty noticable, but the partition helped alot.
the partition was welded near the tip but just not visible unless you look inside the exhaust itself.

it's more sound & looks then performance, but that's a choice you have to make.

jardine is good, you just need to repack it frequently, but the gains you get are good for a slip-on.

Phazernut
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM
If you want a Hawk I have on for sale. Check the classified section.

50dro
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
All I know is that I once heard a Force exhaust on an X1 and it made my ears ring for at least a half hour. Too loud for me...

seanxb9sx
05-31-2010, 01:08 PM
What is a good exhaust for performance? It looks like the factory race exhaust is heavy. Is it? I don't mind the noise. Actually like it. I have my race ECM on the way and want to get a good exhaust to utilize all I can from the power the ECM will provide. My Jardine is cracked (got it that way) and I would just assume get a good race exhaust.

Jabaniz
05-31-2010, 06:47 PM
for many exhaust system that are available you will pay much as 2500 for both headers and muffler, asb has a list on what various mufflers and exhausts can do for you. providing you correctly tune your bike also, not just race ecm.

http://www.americansportbike.com/

in my opinion, your better off doing a HAWK or DRUMMER on stock headers unless you come across a decent used set, or have the money to spend on the high end stuff, spend your saved money on new airfilter and airbox delete.

seanxb9sx
05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Is it possible to get a hawk or drummer without the stock exhaust? Will they provide the best power and performance? Plus I really like the sound of my bike. Does the hawk or drummer sound good?

LeFox
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
hp is a good choice for slip-on.

Jabaniz
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
http://home.windstream.net/hawk63/

it a really good price and from what i have heard it sounds similar to my Buell Race Muffler