PDA

View Full Version : Firebolt headlight parts

thelawnmowerman
01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Hope someone can help me with this, I suspect it'll be BPG
I have a problem with my firebolt headlights , the previous owner had a problem with the plastic surrounds or whatever their called that seal the glass parts of the headlamp to the back of lamp, they got hot and cracked and the glass front fell on the floor so he took them off and glued the broken bit and put it together again, I want to get the part replaced so I need the name of the part plus the part number,and price, I've read about similar problems with XBR headlights melting but that was the back of the lamp housing (the shiny bit)but not the bit around the outside.cpould probably do with the details of the glass bit too cos if it falls out and breaks ,I'll need to replace it also.
cheers

Tork
01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I believe each high/low beam comes as an entire assembly, which includes the glass lens and complete housing. The only thing missing from the entire unit is the bulb. Otherwise, it's a complete replacement. I don't think the lens or other components are available separately. BuellPartsGuy can give you a price quote and exact part numbers for high and low sides, but I think they run about $60-$70 each.

BuellPartsGuy
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
They only come as entire housings. Glass and all. Only things that dont come with are the screws. They did have some common problems with them in the first two years, but now that number is superceded to the newer style and number. They are an updated design and corrected that problem. Now I dont like to give prices for things because eveybodys prices can differ a little, but I will give you an about price.

Low Beam - Y0400.02A8 - $60

High Beam - Y0427.02A8 - $60

Any thing else, let me know

thelawnmowerman
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Bpg, Do you think an XB12r 04 , would have the earlier or later units in, also any idea of an approx price to ship to UK, I havent enquired how much these would cost over here but I'll bet they'd be double that as we always get shafted here.

BuellPartsGuy
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
04 Would be the earlier style lamps. Shipping would be around $45 American. Now since you are in Europe, I'm not sure if that is what is considered an HDI model. That could make a difference in whether those would be the right lamps or not. The plugs are different on the HDI models.

thelawnmowerman
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks I'll make some enquiries over here and see what they go for , I'll let you know.