PDA

View Full Version : Just got an 2000 M2 and need some advice

mr_video
06-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum. Just traded a DZR400 for a 2000 Cyclone M2. I have a few questions.

Firstly, This Bike is a blast. Its fast, handles great, and is fun to ride.

Unfortunately, there are a few things I need to fix.
The Speedometer isn't working, but the tack works fine. Any ideas ?
Next, The tank has a damage, and I want to have it repainted. Where can I get the Buell Tank Lettering ?

Anyone have a pdf of a service manual or know where I can get one ? And where is a good place to get OEM parts ?

Thanks in advance for viewing my post.

Lee
ivideo4u222@yahoo.com

JOEL9
06-02-2010, 02:32 AM
you can get the service manuals on ebay also the parts catalog. i didn't see one for your year (2000) but they have 1999 & 2001. [up]

LeFox
06-02-2010, 06:08 AM
hey mr video,

welcome!

speedo cable is know to break, look into that.
as for the lettering, you should check some of the aftermarket depots (click some of the mods name and you'll see several links in their profile)

;)

pur pony
06-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Welcome-

you can get some OEM parts from Al at American Sport Bike. Other parts you will have to get from your good ole HD dealer.

As for manuals-

The SERVICE MANUAL is part number 99491-00Y

The PARTS MANUAL is part number 99572-00Y

or search around on bad web-
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/3842/3607.html?1274041067

I perfer this site but no matter what anyone says, there is TONS and TONS o great info on bad web for Tubers.

here is a link to the X1 service manual, alot of it will be the same. Click on the link below and then the buell button on the side of the website.

http://www.steveturnbull.co.uk/

Dealer may be able to get you the original tank decals. I just went to order the flyscreen decal for my X1 and its no longer made... they were able to locate one for me though. I had custom decals made from an online decal place for $10 each-