PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Ulysses Model

ImpetuousRider
06-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Hello all,

I am still considering either a Lightening Long or a Ulysses. MY question to the Ulysses riders is what year should I be looking at? Is a 2008 significantly better than a 2006 for example? Let me hear your opinions! Thanks all!

SylvanSlayer
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
08 and newer They made some changes on the engine, bigger oil pump and con rod pin in the crank is bigger witch make for a higher red line and the bike runs a bit smoother. You can tell by looking at the right side of the engine

Ronald H
07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
questions! is there a big differens between uly x and uly xt when it comes todriving position, 1 am 180cm long. i planning going on tour with my wife and littl offroad to my cabin now and then
What is the best bike for this porpose?

Regard ronald h northern norway

ehallspqr
07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
RonaldH. Not much difference in riding position. Seat height is much higher on the X model. I'm 170cm (5'8") tall and the 08-10 Uly X are a bit tall for me, even with the new lower seat. I can't even consider the tall seat option. You should be okay on either the X or XT with the low seat. The X is a better offroad machine with its longer travel suspension. The XT is the better touring on-road option. It sound like the XT would work better for you. You can always get the taller seat if you need it.

ImpRider I was looking for Uly's trying to make up my mind. I finally decided to get an 08 and newer X model because of the tighter steering radius and improved engine. If a low price is your main objective get an 06-07 as they are much cheaper and easier to find. If you can afford it get an 08 and newer. It's an improved bike and the steering/engine mods are very costly to do if you desire them later.

Ronald H
07-08-2010, 05:03 AM
;)tanks folks! i think i try and 06 uly x 18000km and a low seat from 07 uly.
time will show[up] Anyway the prise for a 06 uly is
20 000 dollar!!!!