PDA

View Full Version : Barkers exhaust

Crewdog
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Anyone running a Barkers with a quiet core? I'm looking really hard at the Barkers and I am trying not to have to re-map at this time. Crewdog

Bossanova
06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
pm RT Performance. I think he is running one (among others I'm sure).

I'm thinking about getting one too.

Bossanova
06-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Also Crew, in case you hadn't run accross this:

Puzzled on buell forums or buellteinboard.
Grabs link
http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthre ...

Pricing: to protect dealer and web site pricing they will retail at $395.00. I'm looking to sell them through my business (Advantage Cycle) and offer them to forum members at 10% off making them $355.50 ($380.50 shipped). Paypal will be the preferred on-line method or you can mail your payment. Of course coating options will add to the price.
[up]

Crewdog
06-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks Boss, going to get one and see how she turns out. Crewdog

Jornum1
06-09-2010, 03:27 AM
I have a Barker with the quiet core. It runs great with the latest flash. They actually offer 3 different core's right now. a 1", 1 1/2", and a 1 5/8".

I have all 3, and can say the 1" is the quietest, but you do lose some mid range power with it. The 1 5/8" makes good power, but it still a little loud for me. The 1 1/2" is a nice medium. No noticeable power loss, and a nice sound that IMO isnt too loud.

Get it from Puzzled mikecorrell2000@yahoo.com he offers them the cheapest. Make sure to specify what core you like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/Jornum1/1125R/IMG_1018.jpg

JeepinBueller
06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I got one but don't run the quiet core ... think it sounds great and it's really not that loud. Recently installed an EBR pump gas ECM and whoa nelly -- now it rocks.

Bossanova
07-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I ordered mine last week should be getting it by the end of this week. I ran over some road debris the other day on I-95 and it gouged and dented the crap out of the stock one so I told my wife I had to get a new one. LOL

SchlongCR
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Great idea! Let us know what you think once it is operational. I have heard one on RT's R, sounds awesome. I'm seriously considering buying one for my CR.

RT Performance
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
yup still have mine even ventured to EBR to have them dyno and build a custom map for it.

Latest flash at least with my bike turns the check engine light on with the stock ECM. (cylinder fuel imbalance)

The EBR Ecm makes this thing a monster.I had some warranty work done and road to the dealer and back on the stock ecm. I cannot believe what the difference in the bike.

I have never ran the quite core or been stopped for it being to loud. Yet got stopped twice in Wisconsin for my blue leds in the same dam night unplugged them after the second time

Crewdog
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Got the Barkers in the mail last week. Wow what a pipe! No problems running the quiet core. I am sure it is a little lean and I am going for the EBR ecm next. I pulled up next to a local cop at a red light and he was eye balling me real hard. I thought he was going to pull me for the noise but ended up giving me a thumbs up when the light turned green. Crewdog

Bossanova
07-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Got mine last Friday, installed it Saturday. Had lousy weather to get any decent riding in but from what I can tell, WOW! I had to go out of the country so I'm dying to get back and get some time on it. I put the 1 1/2" QC insert in initially but took it out to try it with out. Seems like I will just leave it out but need to see what the noise level is like on the highway.

Question:
Seems like a pretty tight clearance between the muffler and the bottom of the motor. Is this just how it is or is there a way to adjust this out besides slipping it down on the header?

popeye13433
07-18-2010, 12:15 PM
anyone have photo's of the exhaust in black?