PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 2002 Blast

rblevins
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I signed up for the forum to get some info, but the search tool, just isn't giving.

I'm looking at a 2002 with approximately 5000 miles. It was laid down low speed and has been home painted from purple to flat black. No big deal on looks to me, I want a commuter.

My question is this, he's asking $1700 and the Shifter has not been replaced since the drop and he says it idles rough for a few minutes before leveling out. First is it worth the asking price?

Second, It also has a Jardine Exhaust, but he couldn't tell me if anything was done to accomodate the exhaust (i.e ecm or jetted). Do these bikes require anything for a new exhaust change?

Unfortunately, I know very little about upgrades and only had Suzuki's with no mods in the past. Any input is appreciated.

Bossanova
06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I just picked one up for my wife in Florida for $1400.00 to give you an idea- 2004. I don't know what the market is like else where but I sure see a lot of them for sale. I drove about 120 miles to pick this one up.

It had the Jardine, Bent intake mod/filter, Super Boot intake boot clamp, re-jetted (I think this helps with the Jardine, but not necessary), new wider back tire, and new lower bars. One piece integrated tail/stop light/ turn signals. New mirror-turn signals too. Oh and a pitbull stand!

It had about 7600 miles. He had removed a bunch of the "un-necessary" plastic for looks but had it all in a box.

There was a small problem with the title but has since been fixed and I have good title in hand (just took about 3 weeks to get it). Also it was not perfect by any means but very acceptable condition.

He was asking 1900- offered 1400- and he accepted.
I think the shifters are about $55 depending if you need the splined spacer as well (ebay).

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5956_20100508155415_L.jpg

There are a lot blast enthusiasts very knowledgeable and helpful on this site. They will steer you right. Good luck and welcome.

rblevins
06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks Bassanova. All very good info. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, maybe I'll get it for a steal... Nice looking bike, BTW.

rblevins
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Like your Trailer as well, that's slick.

loose1
06-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a shifter if you need it. I'm using an xb one now so I don't need it any more. I also have other blast parts left over from my build if you need them.
Matt

rblevins
06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks Matt. If I get the bike, I'll definitely hit you up for some parts 8).

Unfortunately, It's pouring hear and some pretty nasty storms are hanging around for the remainder of the day. Since the Bike is about an hour away, I've postponed looking at it until next week since he's not available the rest of the weekend.