PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket clubman bars

delta one
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
these are clubman bars that are off ebay and are very nice along with precision engineering risers

hardware is grade 8 and will rust after a day if you don't seal it after install. I used clear nail polish last time because its simple.

or you could use these as a reference and get some stainless bolts (that's what I recommend)

these are very aggressive and not for the faint of heart (or wrist)

clearance is tight at full lock but manageable
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5508_20100614091611_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5508_20100614091455_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5508_20100614092357_L.jpg

delta one
06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
sorry forgot price and angle

I think they are about 20 degrees back and about 60 degrees down

they are a little scuffed up from being moved in a cardboard box

65 shipped conus

IYAOYAS
06-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Do you think they will take paint? I am looking for black. Are these more aggressive than your other bars? Higher lower??

delta one
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
much more aggressive
not really lower that does it for these its the down angle that does it.

here are my only real pics of them installed
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5508_20091207205132_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5508_20091207205113_L.jpg

not sure about the paint, maybe after a good scuff but I bet a powdercoat could be done.

Warlock
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Cables need to be changed for these?

delta one
06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
no but you will need to drill a hole in the headlight module and re route the cables a bit.

brake line is also the same

if they don't sell by the time I go to Buell homecoming I will probably just keep them because I like them a lot I just don't like to swap back and forth.

they handle WAY better than my Cr bars but stink for the daily grind
too deep of an angle and too tight of clearance on the frame when maneuvering in parking lots they also don't look as clean on the install

IYAOYAS
06-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Looks like you used your stock bar clamp. Do the rizers fit below or were you using spacers?

delta one
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
good eye!
the picture does not show these risers but my ghetto fab riser set up that was on the bike when I bought it. it consisted of washers and steel spacers and a second clamp, one on top and the other on bottom. It worked ok but I could feel it flex in hard corners and didn't like that feeling or the cobbled look of it.
with the risers the look and feel is 100xbetter

with the risers they fit in the stock location with a stock bar clamp on top.
they even have a cut made to to them that fits the "stagger" or "stepdown" from our top clamp. so they fit perfectly.

IYAOYAS
06-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I love the way they look, but I am afraid they will make me miserable when I am not out running the curvy roads. How do they compare to a GSXR ride? Are they 7/8 bars?

IYAOYAS
06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Where did you get the bars you are using now?

delta one
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
they are not too bad for short rides depends on you
I did over 120 miles with one stop for gas when I rode out to a fund raiser. then 160 miles the next day with a stop at a museum half way through where we walked around for 2-3 hours

I had about a 5 hour limit on these bars before my hands would hurt and the clutch would start to feel too heavy.

YMMV

the clubmans I have now I got from my local Harley shop.
they are less aggressive IMO that's good and bad. they don't feel as stable and light in the corners especially long sweepers but I can ride longer with them and don't feel cramped when navigating the parking ramps at school. but I also feel with the now bars I cant flick the bike down at low speeds with the confidence I had with the chrome set. I would tap my peg feelers down by accident at 5MPH flicking through the parking lots.

delta one
06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
sorry forgot

they are standard 7/8 diameter

they have a similar pull back to a Gixxer but have a steeper down angle and feel about an inch or so lower.

my friends with gixxers said that my bars were lower and more aggressive(in awe; not sure if it was because they were jealous or amazed that I rode like that). BTW I'm glad you asked for a GSXR reference because that's the only one I have had mine compared to :)

IYAOYAS
06-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Since no one seems to be beating in your door, I think I will show them to my wife and tell her I want for fathers day. The bars you have now do not seem to need the risers, or did you find another set of risers for that application? What is your prefered method of payment?

delta one
06-17-2010, 08:35 AM
for the bars I have now I needed "fat bar risers" but they are more of an adapter than a riser they are for the 1 1/8 mounting diameter

I can try to bring them to homecoming if you will be there if not paypal is fine
I leave Friday early morning and will be back mid fathers day (and spending the rest of the day with my son :))

so I can ship them either today or I should be able to get them shipped on Monday

delta one
06-17-2010, 08:29 PM
sold
:D