PDA

View Full Version : how to contact e. b. r.

buellman09sx
06-19-2010, 11:02 AM
does anybody have any idea how to contact E.B.R. phone or email any help would be great

JOEL9
06-19-2010, 11:17 AM
go to the ebr website, click on CONTACT. they have 3 different web addresses to choose from[smirk]

pyrat
06-19-2010, 12:00 PM
According to Google, their contact info is Erik Buell Racing LLC, 2799 Buell Drive, East Troy, WI 53120-1372,(262) 642-1627‎.

anrkizm95
06-19-2010, 03:25 PM
i emailed them last week and got a response in 15 min.

taylor
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
well that sums that up:)

RT Performance
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
They prefer email they are only ten poeple with one phone line

buellman09sx
06-20-2010, 07:51 PM
well i emailed EBR and more good news they dont make a race ecm for the 09 xb9. It's on the listbut not scheduled yet that is such bs. Why make the damn bike if **** wont be available for it. I understand what happened with harley and what not but still i have a bike where i cant buy **** for it AWESOME!

JOEL9
06-20-2010, 08:01 PM
douche canoe:o mellow out dude

buellman09sx
06-20-2010, 09:38 PM
kinda hard to mellow out when i have a pooch for a bike that i cant pipe and chip to try and squeak a little more power out of it the bike needs every bit of help it can get

theoctopus
06-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Why don't you just tune it yourself? An LC-1, ECMRead, and TunerPro and you could build your own fuel maps.

But seriously, you need to relaaaxxxx.

We all have the same bikes, and most of us are fans. Your best bet at getting help is to treat the brand that we all love with respect.

dave_xb12r
06-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Why make the damn bike if **** wont be available for it. I understand what happened with harley and what not but still i have a bike where i cant buy **** for it AWESOME!

EBR didn't even make your bike.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can tune your bike with ECMspy.

buellman09sx
06-21-2010, 08:22 AM
yeah i could tune it myself but to do it right id want it dyno tuned. I dont have a dyno so that options out. I like the bike its handles great looks good and will sound good once i get the exhaust but respect is something it has to earn.

theoctopus
06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
You can "do it right" by datalogging too. Just takes a little extra time. Clearly you don't have patience, so perhaps we should disregard that option.

onelogue
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
You can "do it right" by datalogging too.Â* Just takes a little extra time.Â* Clearly you don't have patience, so perhaps we should disregard that option.

lol wow Max you are an ass! hahah not everyone has the tools for datalogging.

theoctopus
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
All anyone needs is an ECM cable. All bikes are equipped with NB O2 sensors, which will work for datalogging in a pinch.

I may be an ass, I just don't really appreciate this guy's attitude. It's all complain, with no action.

aaronbuell
06-21-2010, 09:51 AM
[up]

I just don't really appreciate this guy's attitude. It's all complain, with no action.

Buellysses
06-21-2010, 10:01 AM
yeah i could tune it myself but to do it right id want it dyno tuned. I dont have a dyno so that options out.

I bet you if you did a little research you could find a shop that would be happy to let you use their dyno. Yeah, it's going to cost you some money. You know what though? Tough ****. If you don't have the patience, time, knowledge, and equipment to do it yourself you have no right to bitch about having to pay someone else to do it. I'm with octopus on this one, buell"man" needs an attitude adjustment. Quite badly.

I like the bike ... but respect is something it has to earn.

WTF is that all about? Your bike has to earn your respect? If you don't like the bike why did you buy it? I do agree though, respect is something that certainly does have to be earned. That is something YOU clearly need to learn as well.

Buellysses
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
kinda hard to mellow out when i have a pooch for a bike that i cant pipe and chip to try and squeak a little more power out of it the bike needs every bit of help it can get

Sell your pooch of a bike and go buy a GSXR. You should have no problem finding LED accent lights, polished rims, colored sprockets, flame stickers, and a color-matched helmet for that.

buellman09sx
06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
well to all of you that dont think i like the bike your wrong i like the bike. I just dont like the power but maybe i will get to like it. I only have 700 miles on it but it has to stay out of the dealer so i can ride it. I know all about respect and i respect all of you buell owners for being so loyal to your bikes and that could be me after alot more seat time. Some of you need to learn some respect getting on here and talking crap to somebody you dont know i dont believe i said anything about anybody on this forum or about anybodys bike just my personal experiece with my bike.

Phazernut
06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Look at it from our side. You are on a Buell Forum. You are bashing the bike and say it has no power and not as good as your old GSXR. You are not giving any real examples of your issues so we can help you out. You just compare it to the GSXR. An XB9 is not even in the same ballpark except that they both have wheels and and an engine. Stop whining and give us something to work with. Contacting EBR will not help you with any issues you are having with your bike unless you are planning to do some tuning. EBR is a completly separate company that has nothing to do with the manufacturing and service of your XB. Its too bad if your local HD dealer sucks. You will have to find one elsewhere. But think about it...if you are going in to the dealer with the same attitude as you have come on here with you will not get much respect from them either.

anrkizm95
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
i have the same problems.and it may seem like we are bashing the bike but were not.i love my buell.some of you have compentant support from dealers,some of you have older bikes that have more aftermarket support.theres 1 dealer in my town they wont let buells on their lot.my bike been to 3 others all about 250 miles a part.take my money and say sorry.no help from a place in cali, took money said sorry,2 diffrent race ecms on advice from buell pros,took money said sorry.before doing my mods i called around and was told no problem.its not hate its frustration.so when we cry on your sholders waaaah.give us a hug and a cookie and feel lucky you have competant support and a bike that runs right.:(

Drkside79
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow i have a 08 9sx and i have no problem topping 110 mph if i want to. I don't so it's not an issue. The drummer exhaust will work fine with a stock ecm. Also EBR has a programmable ECM for the 9 but it's $750. If you wanted a super fast bike you should have stuck with you're Bussa or grabbed an 1125. you bought a bike made for riding in the city. Hence the name City X. It is quick off the line and turns as well if not better than any Buell out there.

If you don't like it sell it but trashing a well made machine that is Great IMO is plain silly.

Good Luck!

buellman09sx
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I didnt have a busa not all about super fast. I just figured with the bike being a v twin it should pull like a freight train from the bottom. It just feels like something is holding it back until it hits a certain rpm like an old carburated jap had a dead spot until about 3-4000 rpm and my buell is about the same and then it pulls pretty hard. Once again im not trashing the bike its a great bike and handles better than my gsxr the torque just isnt what i was expecting from the v-twin I will get used to it.

theoctopus
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I know you're hesitant to datalog and tune, but I guarantee you it will fix that flat spot in a jif. If you change your mind, let me know and I can get on the horn and talk you through it.

buellman09sx
06-22-2010, 02:46 PM
i know i will need the ecm caple i have ecm spy on my computer already. I read your post about tuning the 2008 and 2009 bikes and yeah i will definately need help with that. Could i try and find somebody that already has the setup that im wanting to run and just copy and enter their values.

buellman09sx
06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I saw a bike dyno in the auto rv for 8000 dollars haha

theoctopus
06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Theoretically you could do that. The issue is that you'd (ideally) need to find someone with a similar setup who lives in a similar environment as you. Altitude, temperature, and moisture all play a big part in how an engine runs.

buellman09sx
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Im sure there is somebody in Indiana that is all about tuning the buells i just have to find them. i dont know anybody else thats owns a buell yet.

thunderstormgrowl
06-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I live in northern Indiana. I am starting to work on tuning my bike. If you happen to be close we could work on any tuning issues in person. Like I said though, I am just starting with ECMread.

theoctopus
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
And I'm always just a short phone call away for any help that might be needed.