PDA

View Full Version : 2001 M2L? Noob questions sorry:(

pyrobee
06-20-2010, 08:25 AM
so I am guessing that like all other sportster and what not that the L stands for "low" new to all this so dont eat me alive. Is there any other difference in the bikes? also I was looking for a stretch kit and an undertail kit. has anyone had any experiece? last question...I am looking but does anyone know of a link for an online service and parts manual??

JOEL9
06-20-2010, 08:32 AM
you might want to check out badweatherbikers.com. they have a more tuber oriented section over there. hope this helps.[up]

upthemaiden
06-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I can't give you any good answers about an M2, but I know that the XB9SL is just a lowered version of the XB9S. The 12 version is a 12scg as opposed to the normal S. I'm not sure why the 9 gets and L when the 12 gets a CG when the 9 gets an L. Maybe over time they decided that for marketing purpose it was better to say it was for center of gravity instead of lowered, since lowered bikes would usually get associated with polished and flashy 'slammed and stretched' bikes, or a girls bike because of the height.

Anyway, it sounds like you're on the right track, and hopefully someone can give you a definite answer.

firebolt020283
06-20-2010, 09:07 AM
m2l is just a lowered version of the normal m2. other than that there is no difference in the m2l and a regular m2.

I agree with joel9 there is a more extensive tuber section on badweatherbikers than here but there still is a bit of tuber riders on here as well.

american sportbike has a undertail kit for them but other than that I do not know of any one else.
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/6043.html

as far as stretching it out you will probably have to have something custom made and you will have to switch it from belt drive to chain drive.

racepro716
06-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Pyro, any questions,just ask. The people on here are always willing to help, great group! Ask away! Wayne

cyclonemick
06-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Like mentioned above really no difference between low version and standard version except ride height, but there are differences between a tuber and a regular sportster motor. Thunderstorm heads, lighter flywheels, HC pistons, Cams, X1 cams are different than M2 (x1 cams are more high power band where as the m2 is low end grunt). Hope this helps! I love my Tuber!

pyrobee
06-21-2010, 06:04 AM
I love my tuber man it is amazing.. I am also wondering how I would figure out if there is anything major done to my bike it has a forcewinder borla exhaust and pazzo levers and some nice billet grips, and it looks like it has been leaned over pretty far like it has seen a track but she only has 2100 miles so I am not sure about the ECM or anything how can I tell??

cyclonemick
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Best way to see if any internal work was done is to put on a Dyno at your local shop and see what your HP and torque numbers look like! Since you have an M2 and it is carbed you don't have an ECM, you can purchase selectable curve ignitions though. If you have one it should say dynojet or Screaming Eagle, And possibly say "For Race Only" I believe both of those companies made the selectable curve ignitions but don't quote me on that.