PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer

suzyat1003
06-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi,

My girlfriend just bought a 09 Blast. She is having a little trouble with when she should up shift or down shift and I have tried to explain it, but I need help. She wants a tachometer on the bike. Any suggestions for which kind and where to get it. Looking for something cheap..

Thanks

xxspudxx
06-21-2010, 06:44 AM
You can pick up a small tach from AutoZone or other parts stores for around $25-$30.

Another suggestion would be a shift light. Something simple that lights up when you hit a pre determined RPM. That way she wont have to look down or keep a number in her head.

Good luck!

kalifornia
06-21-2010, 08:01 AM
I'de rather my girl make a minor mistake in shifting for a couple of weeks, than having her take her eyes off the road. think about it.

suzyat1003
06-22-2010, 05:20 AM
"You can pick up a small tach from AutoZone or other parts stores for around $25-$30."

Ya I saw one there yesterday, but they say that they are only compatable for 4 6 or 8 cylinder engines. To be quit honest I wouldn't know how to hook it up. I meen I know how do do alot on bikes but wiring is my downfall.

and ya Kalifornia me too but she wants a tach because she is scared of over reving even though there is a rev limiter

suzyat1003
06-22-2010, 05:43 AM
I forgot to say I got a buell tach online. so do yo think it will work???

ezblast
06-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Not without modification to timing cup and ignition.
EZ

suzyat1003
06-23-2010, 07:10 PM
How would I go about doing that. and why so because it is made for the dual fire instead of the single fire??

Thanks

Really appreciate the help

Thorivola
06-23-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.buellforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690

there is a PDF in the very first post, and it's a really good instructional in my opinion

it's a bit pricey for the whole thing, but it gives you a very good end result

when I owned my blast it didn't bother me to not have a tachometer because I got use to the acceleration feel relatively quickly, but I owned a manual car that just had a set of shift lights, a "shift up arrow" and a "shift down arrow" and it really pissed me off not having a tachometer in that vehicle lol

don't know why, but I raged over not having a tachometer for the whole three weeks I owned that vehicle, traded it in on my Grand Am

ezblast
06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Thank you!:D
EZ